i was at pml

Re: i was at pml

perhaps, a consolation price for you ...
F30 335 and F10 535 inline-6 N55 also got the tiak tiak sound
it is due to the direct injection ... stooopid (why cant bmw engineer design better)... the tiak tiak sound is just more subtle compare to N20
check out f30post and f10post ... all complaining about engine ticking sound for N20 and N55 (some, sensitive ears? lol)
N20 being a 4potter the ticking sound is sibei loud and really sounds like a diesel taxi

marcus28;963670 said:
one thing for sure. my f30 sounded like taxi and i'm heading to pml this weekend to ask for explanation.

Last edited by a moderator:

marcus28;963670 said:
one thing for sure. my f30 sounded like taxi and i'm heading to pml this weekend to ask for explanation.

retrofit ASD, then you can make the car sound like M5 (inside the cabin)... outside will still sound like taxi tiak tiak tiak

marcus28;963785 said:
Is a long story.. Is seem to get louder , or my ears are getting sensitive lol

Or i trade my super strawberry E60 523 with you want or not ?
This one dun need ear plug, you will purposely rev it just to hear the strawberry

N20 is relatively quiet liao.... those who had own the old non-direct injection VAG 4 cylinder 1.8T will know..
still loving the n55.. powerful.. refined and eager to please...

i was at pml

porky88;963963 said:
N20 is relatively quiet liao.... those who had own the old non-direct injection VAG 4 cylinder 1.8T will know..
still loving the n55.. powerful.. refined and eager to please...

i had the vw fsi for 6 years. not much diff. direct injection is the modern engine. gotta give up the silence for the efficiency.

After driving vw jetta for 3 months and went back to the E60 for a drive i tot my ear was deaf momentarily because it was so much quieter than the vw, rev the inline 6 only can hear a muted growl

Ops, we not supposed to talk about other marque in BMWSG
"since its a bmw forum, lets stick to how awesome bmw vehicles are instead of other brands."

we were told people post to say bad things about bmw not the other way round ... so you are fine

Jason8822;963966 said:
After driving vw jetta for 3 months and went back to the E60 for a drive i tot my ear was deaf momentarily because it was so much quieter than the vw, rev the inline 6 only can hear a muted growl

Ops, we not supposed to talk about other marque in BMWSG
"since its a bmw forum, lets stick to how awesome bmw vehicles are instead of other brands."

Sorry man for the late posting, cos jus realized,ur post! F30post and F10post shouldn't complain much ! To have the ultimate driving feel, we Singaporean paid $225k for it (320I) and they merely paid usd$37k. With the kinda of money we pay for, our expectation are different . Meh meh sound I can accept, tiak tiak sound, my Mitsubishi evo bros told me could be the cramshevles issue .. lol... I already overwritten my mind is a common twin turbo characteristic .

wt_know;963793 said:
perhaps, a consolation price for you ...
F30 335 and F10 535 inline-6 N55 also got the tiak tiak sound
it is due to the direct injection ... stooopid (why cant bmw engineer design better)... the tiak tiak sound is just more subtle compare to N20
check out f30post and f10post ... all complaining about engine ticking sound for N20 and N55 (some, sensitive ears? lol)
N20 being a 4potter the ticking sound is sibei loud and really sounds like a diesel taxi

You mean lifter issues ?

Change the engine oil .....

marcus28;965678 said:
Sorry man for the late posting, cos jus realized,ur post! F30post and F10post shouldn't complain much ! To have the ultimate driving feel, we Singaporean paid $225k for it (320I) and they merely paid usd$37k. With the kinda of money we pay for, our expectation are different . Meh meh sound I can accept, tiak tiak sound, my Mitsubishi evo bros told me could be the cramshevles issue .. lol... I already overwritten my mind is a common twin turbo characteristic .

Red_Bean_Bun;965687 said:
You mean lifter issues ?

Change the engine oil .....

no use, N20 engines all got tiak tiak sound.
just get into car, close the door and hear no evil.
stand outside sure able to hear....haha

marcus28;965678 said:
Tiak tiak is normal for all 4 pot BMW whether NA or turbo. With DI, it will be there. Diesel is also DI.

marcus28;965678 said:

so a $225k Spore 320i supposely has a higher expectation than a USA M5 ... even higher than a Porsche 911/CS4 ... in terms of the money paid. huat ah!!!

wt_know;965760 said:
so a $225k Spore 320i supposely has a higher expectation than a USA M5 ... even higher than a Porsche 911/CS4 ... in terms of the money paid. huat ah!!!

Actually the bulk of the 225K was paid to e govt, n expectations should then be on quality of road infrastructure.

sibei true ... assuming $38K OMV + $22K AD profit
$225K - $60K = $165K go to govt
so with $38K OMV (usd$30k) ... what kind of expectation from BMW AG? a v6 engine sound? :lol:

sandman369;965778 said:
Actually the bulk of the 225K was paid to e govt, n expectations should then be on quality of road infrastructure.

Actually if you think about it, PML is really ho tan.

Although bulk of the cost goes government, their profit margin is also crazy.

Before the new arf system, 320i was going for about 210-215k net. At omv of 38k, that is a margin of over 32-37k sgd. Is it wrong to expect a little bit more if one paid 30+k for their service?

If you think about it, the margin for a f02 is enough to pay for a mid-range f10 in the states. If one is paying so much for warranty and peace of mind, surely, it isn't too much to expect them to at least ATTEMPT to fix some noise issue, rather than telling me, "oh, it is within operating specification".

lol.. if talk about our road, thumbs down lor!! I can afford to paid 225k , doesn't mean i'm rich lor, dun keep sucking our money away to have the ultimate driving feel mah

sandman369;965778 said:

marcus28;965837 said:
lol.. if talk about our road, thumbs down lor!! I can afford to paid 225k , doesn't mean i'm rich lor, dun keep sucking our money away to have the ultimate driving feel mah
:woowooo: :woowooo: :woowooo:
This government is too expensive to maintain.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
may88kiwi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back