Inline 6 (523) vs Inline 4 twin turbo (520)

Re: Inline 6 (523) vs Inline 4 twin turbo (520)

Shev;900602 said:
Dear Rafiano,

If the car you are intending to purchase is not rooooofffffflessssss, then ac323 cannot help you... Hehe

Bought this afternoon........E36 320i

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Shev;900235 said:
Only problem now is the 20" 245/35 and 285/30 profile make my car super understeer.

Feel like need 5 lanes to do a U turn!

Not the tyres. Car just has larger turning radius than one would think a car of this size will have.

Slow_poke_driver;900663 said:
Not the tyres. Car just has larger turning radius than one would think a car of this size will have.

+1
The wider wheel base actually makes the more stable than my e60 at higher speeds
I like

ac323;900615 said:

Thot u only keen on coupes and convertibles..

Kudos to u!

ac323;900615 said:

Thot u only keen on coupes and convertibles..

Kudos to u!

Slow_poke_driver;900663 said:

When I first got the car with stock rims and tyres, could do a neat u-turn.

Now just feel clumsy.. But there is a trade off for everything. Looking nice comes with a price.

Golilok, u r right! Now feels more stable and more confidence in turning at a little bit more speed

golilok;900677 said:
+1
The wider wheel base actually makes the more stable than my e60 at higher speeds
I like
High speed is always about AERODYNAMIC rather than how wide is your tyre. Due to aerodynamic inefficiency, your car could be floating & how wide is your tyre also no use.

I will buy Alpina B5 because it is build with > 300km/h in mind.

Shev;901261 said:

Now just feel clumsy.. But there is a trade off for everything. Looking nice comes with a price.

Golilok, u r right! Now feels more stable and more confidence in turning at a little bit more speed
Logically, turning radius no change, how could it be clumsy unless bo lat to turn steering wheel?

"Now feels more stable and more confidence in turning at a little bit more speed" is juz all in the mind lah. Even in puny 16" wheel, i could still cup corner confidently. Like someone in this forum said before, it is how good the locksmith is.

Last edited by a moderator:

davidtch;901288 said:
High speed is always about AERODYNAMIC rather than how wide is your tyre. Due to aerodynamic inefficiency, your car could be floating & how wide is your tyre also no use.

Logically, turning radius no change, how could it be clumsy unless bo lat to turn steering wheel?

"Now feels more stable and more confidence in turning at a little bit more speed" is juz all in the mind lah. Even in puny 16" wheel, i could still cup corner confidently. Like someone in this forum said before, it is how good the locksmith is.

Maybe the heavier wheels make it feel more stable...
Anyway must admit my skill only half past six so I only try to chiak Sonata taxi and only on straight roads!

to attempt to chiet a Sonata taxi with 1/2 past 6 driving skills is asking for humiliation in taxi-sg forum (if any)

Shev;901295 said:
Maybe the heavier wheels make it feel more stable...
Anyway must admit my skill only half past six so I only try to chiak Sonata taxi and only on straight roads!
It has nothing to do with skill. F10 is juz too big for our road to cut thru traffic. This is an Autobahn cruiser to be driven comfortably > 150km/h.

I struggle with E39 (which is about the size of F30) to cut through traffic.

davidtch;901300 said:
It has nothing to do with skill. F10 is juz too big for our road to cut thru traffic. This is an Autobahn cruiser to be driven comfortably > 150km/h.

I struggle with E39 (which is about the size of F30) to cut through traffic.

Talking abt cutting thru traffic.

ECP 3 lanes towards Changi Airport. I was on middle lane and on the right fast lane was a white M-kitted 740i. We were going at 140-150km/hr trying to chiet each other like we da gangsta until a red Chevy Epica taxi zoomed past us effortlessly and disappeared at the next bend.

Both of us simultaneously slowed down and drove like how a BMW shd be driven..luxuriously and cruising in our UDM, whistling away like nothing happened...

MW;901305 said:
Talking abt cutting thru traffic.

ECP 3 lanes towards Changi Airport. I was on middle lane and on the right fast lane was a white M-kitted 740i. We were going at xxx km/hr trying to chiet each other like we da gangsta until a red Chevy Epica taxi zoomed past us effortlessly and disappeared at the next bend.

Both of us simultaneously slowed down and drove like how a BMW shd be driven..luxuriously and cruising in our UDM, whistling away like nothing happened...

I will not report you to TP if you sell me your Prada jacket at $20. I bro.

Cash or exchange Superman trump card?

Shev;901261 said:

So bro wat rim size u changed to? 19" or 20"?

Shev;901261 said:

Cannot be tyre, unless got rubbing. U-turn leh, not chiong a bend.

kennypmf;901356 said:
So bro wat rim size u changed to? 19" or 20"?

20 leh.. Yours?

Slow_poke_driver;901360 said:
Cannot be tyre, unless got rubbing. U-turn leh, not chiong a bend.

No rubbing.. Also never chiong.. I am like your nick suggest.. Slow poke driver!

Maybe I never turn steering to max when u-turning.

Shev;901391 said:
20 leh.. Yours?

Ermmm....mine car still haven't collect yet....hehehe

Roughly wat is the trade in price for the stock rims and tyres ?

How much u paid for yr set of 20" + tyres?

kennypmf;901403 said:
Ermmm....mine car still haven't collect yet....hehehe

Roughly wat is the trade in price for the stock rims and tyres ?

How much u paid for yr set of 20" + tyres?

I pm you can? Paiseh wait people know I kana con then face dunno hide where....

By the way wat model u purchased?

Shev;901450 said:
I pm you can? Paiseh wait people know I kana con then face dunno hide where....

By the way wat model u purchased?

PM received with thanks!

I booked a 520....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33win108

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups