Inline 6 (523) vs Inline 4 twin turbo (520)

Re: Inline 6 (523) vs Inline 4 twin turbo (520)

davidtch;901870 said:
520D definitely can chiet 520 as 520D got 110NM torque. Chevy Epica has as much torque as 520, so what do u think?

Don't play play with BMW diesel. Since the days of E39 530D, i have been amazed by torque from this oil burner. I have seen it in Malaysia how smooth it is.

The 8 speeder was meant for high speed driving. The last 2 gear is juz overdrive.

But base on spec from BMW, always show that diesel variant has slower acceleration?

Is there a 520d N20 F10 available?

I see u all are getting high talking abt these numbers....

Just drive the bloody car and enjoy it

these days i prefer to sit new merc e250 cabby, got new car smell better than my old car..

quality post :thumbsup:

320 not powderful > 335 not powderful > m5 not powderful > porky/ferrari/lambo not powderful > private jet (wobble says)

MW;901906 said:

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;901913 said:

320 not powderful > 335 not powderful > m5 not powderful > porky/ferrari/lambo not powderful > private jet (wobble says)
Not enough. Retired fighter jet is the fastest.

MW;901906 said:

I wanna drive but car less. :(

Shev;901900 said:
But base on spec from BMW, always show that diesel variant has slower acceleration?

Is there a 520d N20 F10 available?
Oil burner is nvr a fast starter as it is heavy. It is always strong after 2nd gear onwards. That's why it is nvr great with 0 - 100. IF u look at 80 - 120, it is faster. Of course, the best would be the twin turbo 4 pot diesel. That will eat taxi for breakfast, lunch, dinner & supper.

Last edited by a moderator:

is eating taxi = priceless :lol:
i always let taxi go 1.5 car length first ...
i scared the heat from the taxi spoil my car paint ... wahahaha

That will eat taxi for breakfast, lunch, dinner & supper.

wt_know;901913 said:

...... Private jet > space rocket .......

davidtch;901870 said:
520D definitely can chiet 520 as 520D got 110NM torque. Chevy Epica has as much torque as 520, so what do u think?

Don't play play with BMW diesel. Since the days of E39 530D, i have been amazed by torque from this oil burner. I have seen it in Malaysia how smooth it is.

The 8 speeder was meant for high speed driving. The last 2 gear is juz overdrive.

I never drive a BMW diesel engine before. But drove the VW TDI model in Germany many time. The push from the huge torque was SHIOK....

Inline 6 (523) vs Inline 4 twin turbo (520)

I also never drove BMW diesel before, but my Jag diesel eats taxis for sure.

So I am sure BMW diesel will munch taxis.

Twinturbo;902070 said:
I also never drove BMW diesel before, but my Jag diesel eats taxis for sure.

So I am sure BMW diesel will munch taxis.

TohTo;902060 said:
I never drive a BMW diesel engine before. But drove the VW TDI model in Germany many time. The push from the huge torque was SHIOK....
Since both of you said the torque from diesel is damn shiok, maybe could organise a GB for 520D.

By the way, can eat ///M3 for breakfast or not?

Diesel is like that. It's damn shiok at first, but after a while you feel like it's lao hong already. Higher RPM range is very weak. Good for city driving and beating taxis at the traffic light, but petrol cars especially the TC ones should easily eat diesels for all 3 meals from 60kph onwards...

MW;901906 said:

Just called my SE just and she ask me how's the ride. I told her I'm enjoying it more than I enjoy her.

(just in case she see this post, I am just joking) :)

Shev;902144 said:
Just called my SE just and she ask me how's the ride. I told her I'm enjoying it more than I enjoy her.

(just in case she see this post, I am just joking) :)
Chio or not?

Forum rule, NPNT.

detach8;901869 said:
I still feel the 8sp auto takes a while to respond to throttle input and because of the narrow gear ratio if I want to overtake or do something smilar it will want to shift down TWO gears.

I usually drive in manual steptronic mode now and just shift myself, especially during overtaking and even just getting around corners. When in 'D' the car tends to keep the rpm too low for fuel economy and the engine strains a little trying to pull the car especially if you are taking a bend or those filter lanes that go uphill.

After driving in manual steptronic mode I find the 523i more than enough for SG roads... it takes off on command when in the right gear and I am still getting on average ~9.0km/l given 50/50 city/hway driving.

Yes. The problem with the F10 is the close gear ratios and it seems to have difficulty finding the right gear when you suddenly want to accelerate. Most of the time when you step hard on the gas pedal, it doesn't downshift right away. And sometimes when it does, it only shifts down one gear. Sports mode helps, but it holds the rpm too high.

detach,

in manual mode, do you shift up to 8th gear in expressway?

in manual mode in city, mostly up to gear 5 and 6 pretty much max liao.

detach8;902106 said:
Diesel is like that. It's damn shiok at first, but after a while you feel like it's lao hong already. Higher RPM range is very weak. Good for city driving and beating taxis at the traffic light, but petrol cars especially the TC ones should easily eat diesels for all 3 meals from 60kph onwards...

My observation is usually when taxi see a bimmer, seldom will try to chiet...

But there are special cases....

enjoy your 4pot turbo while it last
soon ... 3pot turbo coming ... also heard got 4pot turbo that 2pot switch off running on 50% when power is not required similar like start/stop

enjoy your 4pot turbo while it last
3pot turbo coming also heard in development 4pot that 2pot switch off running on 50% when power is not required similar like start/stop
soon, 6pot only available in ///M :(

[video=youtube;aTYGej9PgBA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTYGej9PgBA[/video]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zo10win
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back