Kelleners Sport

Re: Kelleners Sport

bro pls advice on the cost and whether in long run will harm the engine
and what about fuel consumption after transforming into a speed demon will it drink petrol like hell
hope to hear from your experience

Last edited by a moderator:

helbreath;788742 said:
wobbles what are you doing in the kelleners thread? :nehnehhh:

http://www.kelleners-sport.de/images/b2b/produkte/PDF/MOT1235040_en.pdf

640i

Stock
320hp 450nm
0-100 5.4s

Kelleners Sport
384hp 540mm
0-100 4.9s

Bro, I'm hanging around here to look see re the outcomes (positive &/or adverse) post KS installation. I kiasi, but also wanna mod. So, must wait till the kiasi part goes away, then I'll go cheong.

After all, someone said ai scared, mai mod. Ai mod, mai scared - so, I'm waiting for the scared part to shoo itself away first. Thought by hanging out here with these die-hard gung-ho balls-of-brass young men would gimme some Irish Courage :)

im abit tempted as well liao...but what do i do with 420bhp? can i lift off like an aeloplane?? hmm...:confused:

Zacky7514;788729 said:
and what about fuel consumption after transforming into a speed demon will it drink petrol like hell
In any mod in any ride, it still has the following general baseline:

1) If properly tuned/mapped, FC actually improves under normal driving conditions. However if u always pedal to e metal, FC goes downhil.
2) Engine will not be harmed if properly tuned/mapped and u got to have...
- sufficient cooling, w/o sufficient cooling and under frequent 'pedal to the metal'... expect your engine casket to crack.
- supporting parts that needs to be reinforced to support the Hp/Nm output has to be included e.g. forged pistons, forged conrod, stronger gearbox, etc
3) If mod is extensive, it would be very adviseable to service at 5,000km intervals.
4) With huge mod plus frequent 'pedal to the metal', do expect more wear and tear.
5) Expect engine mounting replacement in about 4 years or 50,000km... depending on how extensive is the mod.
6) Ensure brakes r good enough to handle the new Hp/Nm when u push ur ride. Also brake pads adviseable to be able to withstand at least 800 deg heat.
7) Get the hang of your current Hp/Nm output under hard driving (not 0-100kph sprint) before attempting hard driving in higher Hp/Nm output. Being unfamiliar can get a shock once the power/torque kicks in.

Above is not exhaustive but hope it helps.

Zacky7514;788729 said:

Yo bro!
hmmm, cost wise, it is around 2.2k...
As to harming the engine, if you always floor your pedal, your engine will sure wear off faster than the normal driving engine... This also apply to full stock cars as well ( after all, engine are mechanical stuffs)

FC wise, if u drive as how you drive before the mod, your FC should improve because the pickup is faster so you stay lesser time at lower gear. But normally, when ppl mod, they play too. So for that, FC sure suffers, but the huge plus point is that your drive is much much more fun!

this KS comes with warranty so still not too bad. Plus, it is those plug and play module. So if you dun like, you can always sell it away and your engine will be immediately back to stock.

zhenlie;788881 said:
im abit tempted as well liao...but what do i do with 420bhp? can i lift off like an aeloplane?? hmm...:confused:

Find or build a runway?
Change your door to gull wing? :p

wobbles;788774 said:
Bro, I'm hanging around here to look see re the outcomes (positive &/or adverse) post KS installation. I kiasi, but also wanna mod. So, must wait till the kiasi part goes away, then I'll go cheong.

After all, someone said ai scared, mai mod. Ai mod, mai scared - so, I'm waiting for the scared part to shoo itself away first. Thought by hanging out here with these die-hard gung-ho balls-of-brass young men would gimme some Irish Courage :)

bro, at least this is a mod that is;
1. hide under bonnet
2. invoice will not send to your house

stealthy mod... :p

zeromax;788996 said:
Find or build a runway?
Change your door to gull wing? :p

bro, at least this is a mod that is;
1. hide under bonnet
2. invoice will not send to your house

stealthy mod... :p

I think aeloplane you know best..who got runway can lend..

Going for my maiden flight...

zhenlie;788999 said:
I think aeloplane you know best..who got runway can lend..

Going for my maiden flight...

try Hitmee house.......

cheers

Now that I had the device for 3 days. Yes, the euphoria is over.
I'm back to driving the car normally ie Full auto in Comfort mode.

The thing that struck me most is how easily I'm now able to inch ahead at the slightest probe of the throttle. Before this, I had trouble passing the Crown cabs. Needless to say, I didn't even try with the Sonata's, I just stayed behind them.

Now, so different!
Follow behind a car, check side clear, point and go. In a breeze, you pass the car and easily reached non legal velocity in a jiffy. Commute time seems so much shorter yet composure and comfort still there. Sliding into space has never felt easier.

Though I think that there is some improvement in the 0-100 timing, I wouldn't just get a device cause it could beat the sonata taxi to the next traffic light but rather, the most significant improvement in having this device is the mid speed acceleration in real world drivng. So effortless yet the car feels so much more natural.

Perhaps, the 118 owners feels the above sensation in the 'stock' ride. I really don't know.

But I'm really happy with this mod. Really puts a grin on my face.

OK for those concerned about FC, it appears that I'm consuming less.
I was averaging 9.8-10km/l before, now it's 11km/l.
However, still too early to conclude. Will update after 2 tank full and provided I can resist not driving it as if I stole it.

zeromax;788993 said:
Yo bro!
hmmm, cost wise, it is around 2.2k...
As to harming the engine, if you always floor your pedal, your engine will sure wear off faster than the normal driving engine... This also apply to full stock cars as well ( after all, engine are mechanical stuffs)

FC wise, if u drive as how you drive before the mod, your FC should improve because the pickup is faster so you stay lesser time at lower gear. But normally, when ppl mod, they play too. So for that, FC sure suffers, but the huge plus point is that your drive is much much more fun!

this KS comes with warranty so still not too bad. Plus, it is those plug and play module. So if you dun like, you can always sell it away and your engine will be immediately back to stock.

Does modding damage the gear box? I remember last time with my scirocco the mechatronic will die off faster when you do modding...

espejismo;789697 said:
Does modding damage the gear box? I remember last time with my scirocco the mechatronic will die off faster when you do modding...

Even if you don't stage up VW, the MU will also die. Its a matter of time only...

espejismo;789697 said:

Our gearbox is the same as 118i and if it can already handle with their kind of bhp and torque, I dun think it is of any issue for the KS, which on paper, has lesser bhp than 118i and only 10nm torque more than 118i

ben1;789068 said:
Now that I had the device for 3 days. Yes, the euphoria is over.
I'm back to driving the car normally ie Full auto in Comfort mode.

The thing that struck me most is how easily I'm now able to inch ahead at the slightest probe of the throttle. Before this, I had trouble passing the Crown cabs. Needless to say, I didn't even try with the Sonata's, I just stayed behind them.

Now, so different!
Follow behind a car, check side clear, point and go. In a breeze, you pass the car and easily reached non legal velocity in a jiffy. Commute time seems so much shorter yet composure and comfort still there. Sliding into space has never felt easier.

Though I think that there is some improvement in the 0-100 timing, I wouldn't just get a device cause it could beat the sonata taxi to the next traffic light but rather, the most significant improvement in having this device is the mid speed acceleration in real world drivng. So effortless yet the car feels so much more natural.

Perhaps, the 118 owners feels the above sensation in the 'stock' ride. I really don't know.

But I'm really happy with this mod. Really puts a grin on my face.

OK for those concerned about FC, it appears that I'm consuming less.
I was averaging 9.8-10km/l before, now it's 11km/l.
However, still too early to conclude. Will update after 2 tank full and provided I can resist not driving it as if I stole it.

Now... that's is some precise FR here! :woowooo::woowooo::woowooo:

espejismo;789697 said:

On the general, BMW gearboxes are tougher by comparison.

:)

zeromax;789714 said:
Our gearbox is the same as 118i and if it can already handle with their kind of bhp and torque, I dun think it is of any issue for the KS, which on paper, has lesser bhp than 118i and only 10nm torque more than 118i

Yeah! :laughlik:

ben1;788323 said:
It was through serendipity that I stumbled into J4C this afternoon right after I heard that zeromax had his KS installed. I only wanted to find out first hand how it really worked and to asess whether it was worth the $$.

It also so happened that there was an extra unit there and after being assured how it worked, I decided to try it out.

Installation
It wasn't as straight forward as I had envisoned. They had to connect more than 10 recepticles within the engine bay to acquire data from various sensing points, then route these signals into the KS module before feeding them into the ECU. The KS module is properly and neatly sited within a cool corner of the engine bay. [Guess, they had learned very quickly from zeromax installation]. I reckon the installation took roughly between 30-45min.

On the go
Below 1500rpm, car felt no different from stock. However, that's where the similiarity ends.
Once pass this mark, the car felt more urgent (in comfort mode) and sliding/zipping into gaps was no longer unnerving. In fact, it was assuring, confident inspiring yet uneventful. There was no fuss, no puff. Step on the throttle and you are ahead of pesky traffic.
Accelerating in comfort mode feels blistering quick now. I see traffic disappearing in my rear view mirror now. In stock, they were still beside me.
Oh yeah! seems engine braking is more natural and it retards the car like a good NA engine, so modulating the throttle feels even more direct and natural.

OK, so comfort mode felt quite impressive.

I then decided to try it in 'Sports' mode. Damn, car totally transformed.
Immediately, exhaust sounds more masculine. The slightest input from your feet sends the car blistering forward yet still remaining composed.

When you dial in around a bend, feels so much more fun and it was nice to go round pass pesky taxi where in the past I had to wait out till we hit the open road before passing the bugger.

Sports mode in Manual is where the UDM tag holds so true.
Engine revs so willingly to 6500rpm and all of a sudden that speck (car) in the distance is right in front of you in a jiffy.

With the KS, circumventing traffic is a breeze now.

Is it worth it?
I think so. Getting the same performance figures as a 118 at almost 1/10 the price. Sure.
Is it as fast as a stock 118? I don't know. To me, it doesn't really matter.

For those on 118, I reckon this tune would turn your already fast car into a real monster.

For those bros on 116 waiting for some other tune that writes the tune into the ECU, so that the max performance figures would be similiar to a max tuned 118, it might be worth waiting but you are missing all the fun right now with the KS. Furthemore, as the KS is a piggyback, it is non-intrusive. As such, all stock ECU parameter are untouched.
As the module is not tag to any VIN, it can be resold into the secondary market and be transferred into another 116/118 in the future. So might not be such an expensive venture.

Conclusion
Needless to say, I'm very pleasantly impressed by the performance of this module and what it delivers. So those still sittiing on the fence, MTL. We don't really know when M performance would come out a tune for our F20.

Thanks
I'm in no way related or has any business dealing or coax by J4C to write a review.
The above review is solely my own to give/help other F20 owners.
I'm just honoured to be the 2nd person in Singapore to have it fitted on my ride.

Meanwhile, I would like to thank snowdog for patiently and diligently answering all my queries prior to my decision to purchase the KS module today.

Detailed, very Detailed! :goodup:

i would love to know more about chip tuning, will stay tuned

I am thinking of getting the KS unit for my ride.
However, I am hesitant as I have some questions, which hopefully some of you can answer -

1) Is it allowed under the LTA modification rules/guidelines?
2) Will it void the PML or MA warranty?
3) Must I remove it before getting the car serviced at PML / MA?
4) Is it easy to take out/ put back?
5) Will it interfere with future software upgrades from BMW?

If the answers are Yes/No/No/YesyNo I will go install as soon as I can!
Other combo answers, must think hard again....

slowrunnerz;795260 said:
I am thinking of getting the KS unit for my ride.
However, I am hesitant as I have some questions, which hopefully some of you can answer -

1) Is it allowed under the LTA modification rules/guidelines?
2) Will it void the PML or MA warranty?
3) Must I remove it before getting the car serviced at PML / MA?
4) Is it easy to take out/ put back?
5) Will it interfere with future software upgrades from BMW?

If the answers are Yes/No/No/YesyNo I will go install as soon as I can!
Other combo answers, must think hard again....

Hi slowrunner,

1) Is it allowed under the LTA modification rules/guidelines? - of course LTA wont catch or fine you for this
2) Will it void the PML or MA warranty? - when something faulty probably agent will blame on this item if there's a link....
3) Must I remove it before getting the car serviced at PML / MA? - no need....
4) Is it easy to take out/ put back? - got to ask installer...
5) Will it interfere with future software upgrades from BMW? - got to ask installer...

* if you worried then this is not for you..............
cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vip777orgph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back