Khang Auto

Re: Khang Auto

TripleM said:
You are missing the point here dude.

U should know they couldn't command 5-6K. People got sucked in by this TWM trade simply because of the cheap premium, nothing else. I bet most never asked or understood their competencies. Look at all the responses that surfaced now.

If BVO inspects my BMW car and admits my car to their extended warranty program by paying certain premium, I will consider that option.

Again, you are assuming Khang marketed this direct to owners.

Had your workshop been on Khang's authorised workshop list and you bought this through your workshop with the premise that your car needs only to be serviced at your workshop (NOT KHANG)to enjoy the extended warranty, the cheap premium might actually make sense.

You said "If BVO inspects my BMW car and admits my car to their extended warranty program by paying certain premium, I will consider that option".... if BVO sold you an extended warranty by TWM, why would you doubt BVO's expertise and competency?

Who then would you doubt? Aren't we going back to the same argument - the counterparty risks of Khang and its ability to honour TWM? Isn't this the main issue?

Update:

Done - 1. Police case (civil case, not criminal, probably won't get anywhere but important for step 2).
Done - 2. Call media. Publish in papers.
Done - 3. Sent email to Wong Partnership. Follow up with Hand delivered letter. Demanding for:
a. Compensation for the loss of use. Also got a leasing company quotation for hiring my car ($750-$850 per day)
b. Indemnity against damage to vehicles and theft while in their unauthorised possession.
c. Setting a date and time to retrieve the vehicle.
Half Done - 4. Engaging a lawyer to contact Wong directly. Was advised to send in personal capacity, having the same legal validity in the court of law.
Done - 5. Call finance company (since they have an interest in the vehicle.
Done - 6. Call Insurer, to let them know that the vehicle is not in my possession.
Not Done - 7. Inform LTA, to tell them that the vehicle is not in my possession. Maybe can waive road tax since it's not on public roads. :p
Done - 8. Writing in this forum to document.

I understand that the Chinese night papers have already published this. Can anyone verify?

MW;722301 said:
Maybe...depends on the lease agreement..

Same situation as when u buy a car from a dealer n already registered to your name but before delivery it winds up, car belongs to the bank, not you. Sibeh sway one, like the Kenzo leading case

MW steady bom pi pi.....

maybe you should gather the troops and file a civil action suit against Khang ?
and then claim 80% of the award as fees and throw BBQ for BMWSG members. :)

Besides the individuals in the list here, i know of other workshops which have large unsettled bills, and i think these workshops actually suffer the most ($$ value wise)

clemz said:
besides the individuals in the list here, i know of other workshops which have large unsettled bills, and i think these workshops actually suffer the most ($$ value wise)

+1,000,000 !!!

Had Khang marketed the TWM direct to me, specifying that I can ONLY go to Khang for servicing, I would not have bought the TWM warranty. But this is not the case. It was Khang's authorised workshop whom I patronised who sold me the warranty.

Dude, it is essentially the same. Your workshop was the facilitator in the process because they were one of the listed ones in TWM list.
Fact of the matter is, why got sucked in a trade that didn't make sense? Did you actually firmly believe that 1800 was worth spending in that scenario?

f BVO sold you an extended warranty by TWM, why would you doubt BVO's expertise and competency?
I wouldn't doubt BVO, But I would doubt TWM....who the fk are they and why so cheap premium? That's what I would ask myself!!

I am resting my case. Happy New Year to all and good luck...

Everybody will get fooled by somebody someday!...this is one of the day to some people here......Take heart it just a small loss but for those owners of cars still in their premises; group together and take action (within the Spore law yeh!)

TripleM;723148 said:
Dude, it is essentially the same. Your workshop was the facilitator in the process because they were one of the listed ones in TWM list.
Fact of the matter is, why got sucked in a trade that didn't make sense? Did you actually firmly believe that 1800 was worth spending in that scenario?

It's quite clear why TWM was so successful during the days of Cheap COE and under declared OMVs.

PIs wanted to sell more cars but key objection was lack of warrenty.

Hence P.K. saw the opportunity and supplied an inferior product to meet this huge demand.

Workshops jumped on the bandwagon because
1. They were paid commission for each package sold
2. They could possibly inflate repair costs (as with accident claims)
3. Customers were forced to return for regular servicing and that helped cover fixed costs.
4. Opportunity to cross sell performance parts to the PI GTR/M3.....etc.

Having said that, I know of several workshops which actually pay the repair cost upfront for their best and regular clients (read lots of $$ spent on mods) and then wait for TWM to reimburse them back 2-4 months later.

These are the workshops that have done what's best for their clients, and are now out of pocket because they're not going to see their $100k or $200k back.

Will this then cause a ripple effect and we watch our favourite workshops go belly up ?
I doubt anybody really knows the amount that's owed to workshops across the island till auditors come in.

For myself, i've always found the TWM deal a big scam. The numbers simply do not add up.
$1.5k for a 3 year warrenty on a GTR when a simple gearbox replacement already costs $10-15k?

BTW, who's the landlord ?

Last edited by a moderator:

How I wish the warnings have come earlier? These hindsight wisdoms would have saved us !!!

Ever wonder how so many workshops got roped in on the extended warranty sales?

Latest info, my friend who owed a ws nearby saw the twm people inside the premises everyday after 7pm. He believed that they're trying to retrieve some valuable items. Bro who involved can try your luck ambushing them.

johnphua;723214 said:
Latest info, my friend who owed a ws nearby saw the twm people inside the premises everyday after 7pm. He believed that they're trying to retrieve some valuable items. Bro who involved can try your luck ambushing them.

then all those car park inside = bo chun liao? since they should have the key as well:huhhuh:

kenntona;723164 said:
How I wish the warnings have come earlier? These hindsight wisdoms would have saved us !!!

Spot on ! Nb my warranty also from TWM ... But I service at MBM wheelpower... Not sure if they will " takeover" warranty cover from TWM

S2k;723219 said:
then all those car park inside = bo chun liao? since they should have the key as well:huhhuh:

I think they take only their expensive machines to standby for future east mountain up again. I also heard from my friend this is not the 1st time. Ten years ago same things happened also the same group of people. Time passes and people have forgotten. So next time for warranty must be very careful, cheap one = heong kar

toiletsiao;723224 said:
Spot on ! Nb my warranty also from TWM ... But I service at MBM wheelpower... Not sure if they will " takeover" warranty cover from TWM

MBM did not have honey from them before that, I don't think any workshop listed under twm will takeover those shits.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamebai799com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back