M5 collection last Friday

Re: M5 collection last Friday

Clar, would love to see your car after the Akra installation. I just bought a MCB M5 from MA too, but mine is completely stock

Steel Blue;874368 said:
Clar, would love to see your car after the Akra installation. I just bought a MCB M5 from MA too, but mine is completely stock

Sure bro! Please PM me your mobile #. I will let u know when collecting the car. U are most welcome to come along :) Oh, congrats on your MCB beauty. I love that colour too!

Reeve;874279 said:
It for my new ride . Factory tinted is not so dark , so add a much darker tint to the existing factory tint.

Can pm me and advice me on the cost? Thanks! :)

Yes bro, i want to hear the sound first. The Akra is here? let me know when you r installing it so i can kpo and test sound he he i prefer a more pronounce sound he he. Last night i tried my car with windows down , 1st, second and third gear exhaust pop sound is kool.

Reeve;874509 said:
Yes bro, i want to hear the sound first. The Akra is here? let me know when you r installing it so i can kpo and test sound he he i prefer a more pronounce sound he he. Last night i tried my car with windows down , 1st, second and third gear exhaust pop sound is kool.

I heard a few bros here already gotten it installed without bothering to wait for MA to get the LTA approval unlike me. I kuniang, i wait for approval first :D

clar;874707 said:
I heard a few bros here already gotten it installed without bothering to wait for MA to get the LTA approval unlike me. I kuniang, i wait for approval first :D
i also kuniang i will wait for the approval he he

clar;874707 said:
I heard from Sean the akra exhaust sound very good, cant wait bro when you installing yours ?

Reeve;876701 said:
I heard from Sean the akra exhaust sound very good, cant wait bro when you installing yours ?

Most likely this week once their paperwork is ready. I am doing the exhaust along with the side grill mod. I am getting the side grill chrome bits sprayed Frozen Grey. This should make it look more in line with past M cars. Past M cars tend not to have a very pronounced side grill profile. Let's see how it turns out. So far, nobody seems to have color-coded the side grill.

clar;876748 said:
Most likely this week once their paperwork is ready. I am doing the exhaust along with the side grill mod. I am getting the side grill chrome bits sprayed Frozen Grey. This should make it look more in line with past M cars. Past M cars tend not to have a very pronounced side grill profile. Let's see how it turns out. So far, nobody seems to have color-coded the side grill.
nice bro, please sms me when u collecting your ride. it should be a very kool mod , i am more excited than u hahah

zhenlie;877333 said:
clar do get some pics and share when you are done with the side gills..!

Most certainly, bro!

clar;876748 said:

Have you considered frozen silver instead of frozen grey so that the trim still stands out as an outline and not blend into the car body shade?

Tanzy;877444 said:
Have you considered frozen silver instead of frozen grey so that the trim still stands out as an outline and not blend into the car body shade?

I am doing FG for the grill precisely becos i don't want the rectangular shape of the grill to stand out. I kinda like the old style on past M cars more.

Clar, i know there isn't a comparison between a M5 and M3. But if one is to switch / upgrade from M3 sedan to M5, what would you say is the biggest difference; other than the physical size of the car and the engine / power capacity.
And with you owning both a M3 coupe and M5 sedan, which do you prefer driving more and why?
Thanks.

frankcos;877507 said:
Clar, i know there isn't a comparison between a M5 and M3. But if one is to switch / upgrade from M3 sedan to M5, what would you say is the biggest difference; other than the physical size of the car and the engine / power capacity.
And with you owning both a M3 coupe and M5 sedan, which do you prefer driving more and why?
Thanks.

Let me try to answer this from the perspective of going from a M3 sedan to M5, which is slightly different from my case with the coupe. The M5 as i always tell people, can be boring at times if u forget what u are driving. In my day to day commute with it in D2 (middle setting) auto mode in traffic, it's super comfortable and responsive. I always drive with throttle and steering in Sports plus mode and suspension in Sports mode for the most part. This can become boring after a while. I often need to remind myself, find an early morning or late nite, drive it in manual mode, and let it rip. The combination of hard charging acceleration, late braking, and fast cornering is mind boggling in a car this size. The way the fella handles defies physics much more than the more athletic E92 M3. From E90 M3 to the F10 M5, u are gonna get the followings:
- much more straight line speed esp on NS highway (no comparison)
- more responsive pick up so long as your rev is above 2k rpm
- much better interior build quality
- equipment wise, the only major addition is the HUD over the E90 unless u like the soft close doors. The other minor additions i don't really care for
- more space esp width and boot

U loose:
- the S65 music!!!
- manoeuvrability in some tight spaces

In summary, the M5 alternates much more between being gentlemanly and lunatic compared to the M3. I alternate between the 2 cars almost equally. I visit the fuel pump in both cars at most 2 days apart on each top up, so pretty equal attention. Which do i enjoy more? There is no definitive answer I'm afraid. I like them both. The M3 is definitely the more outwardly sporty one and is also sharper. The no. 1 factor that draws me to the M3 is the marvelous S65 V8. I can't get enough of it. The race to the redline is something i used to bitch about when commuting, but these days, i just set it to D5 when commuting and let the brilliant DCT does it magic. Only when i am out for a spin do i drive in manual mode. These are 2 really great cars I must say. Had it not been for the fact that the M3 is NA, i prob won't keep both in the family. If u do not need more space and comfort, i say wait for the next M3 sedan. It is in essence, the current M5 minus the fats and girth. If your taste has matured and would like to move on with something a little more executive, u can't go wrong with the M5 :)

if i cld buy an M5 now, id b v tempted to get a simple MPV for daily use n d new pork boxter for weekends. 2 cars for price of 1...

like that theres no mistaking that im driving a sporty car or mpv lol

clar;877522 said:
Let me try to answer this from the perspective of going from a M3 sedan to M5, which is slightly different from my case with the coupe. The M5 as i always tell people, can be boring at times if u forget what u are driving. In my day to day commute with it in D2 (middle setting) auto mode in traffic, it's super comfortable and responsive. I always drive with throttle and steering in Sports plus mode and suspension in Sports mode for the most part. This can become boring after a while. I often need to remind myself, find an early morning or late nite, drive it in manual mode, and let it rip. The combination of hard charging acceleration, late braking, and fast cornering is mind boggling in a car this size. The way the fella handles defies physics much more than the more athletic E92 M3. From E90 M3 to the F10 M5, u are gonna get the followings:
- much more straight line speed esp on NS highway (no comparison)
- more responsive pick up so long as your rev is above 2k rpm
- much better interior build quality
- equipment wise, the only major addition is the HUD over the E90 unless u like the soft close doors. The other minor additions i don't really care for
- more space esp width and boot

U loose:
- the S65 music!!!
- manoeuvrability in some tight spaces

In summary, the M5 alternates much more between being gentlemanly and lunatic compared to the M3. I alternate between the 2 cars almost equally. I visit the fuel pump in both cars at most 2 days apart on each top up, so pretty equal attention. Which do i enjoy more? There is no definitive answer I'm afraid. I like them both. The M3 is definitely the more outwardly sporty one and is also sharper. The no. 1 factor that draws me to the M3 is the marvelous S65 V8. I can't get enough of it. The race to the redline is something i used to bitch about when commuting, but these days, i just set it to D5 when commuting and let the brilliant DCT does it magic. Only when i am out for a spin do i drive in manual mode. These are 2 really great cars I must say. Had it not been for the fact that the M3 is NA, i prob won't keep both in the family. If u do not need more space and comfort, i say wait for the next M3 sedan. It is in essence, the current M5 minus the fats and girth. If your taste has matured and would like to move on with something a little more executive, u can't go wrong with the M5 :)

Thanks Clar!

So in short, the M5 is really more of a executive and comfort feel. the cornering and v8 racing mode will no longer be the same with the M5, which i would expect.
i suppose it is always good to keep an M5 and a M3 coupe...
guess you got the best combination! still thinking of letting go of your M3 coupe?

frankcos;877551 said:
Thanks Clar!

So in short, the M5 is really more of a executive and comfort feel. the cornering and v8 racing mode will no longer be the same with the M5, which i would expect.
i suppose it is always good to keep an M5 and a M3 coupe...
guess you got the best combination! still thinking of letting go of your M3 coupe?

The M5 can do executive and sports at the same time. It's just leaning a little more towards the former. I am not letting go of my M3 anytime soon. I suspect the next M3 won't change that as i would like to have a nice NA around to enjoy that rush to the redline. 2 turbo cars would be boring.

Great write up bro, how i wish my boss would let me get the M3 coupe as well he he

Reeve;878047 said:
Great write up bro, how i wish my boss would let me get the M3 coupe as well he he

Ask her would she rather u spend your $ on other women or on your cars? :D My wife chose the latter gladly, not that she has a choice..keke

clar;878214 said:
Ask her would she rather u spend your $ on other women or on your cars? :D My wife chose the latter gladly, not that she has a choice..keke
thanks bro for the ride in your new Akra , damn shiok , and the frozen grey grills damn nice

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gmbet888comph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back