• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

New 520LCi

Re: New 520LCi

Hi Guys,

Just back from PML, they quoted me a 525 @ 164K and 520 @ 146K and trade in my 2.5 years Volvo S80 @ 50K+.

I think PML is not willing to reduce their price yet and depressing the price of the trade in car. or maybe it depends on the SE? :furious:

Regards,
Varco

Group Buy for 520 / 525

I have sent out PMs to those who indicated interest. If there are anybody else, please PM me.

The arrangement is such:

1. We will meet for a "hello hello" session to get to know each other. Hve coffee at PML and discuss price to offer/ accessories etc. (e.g. 60 minutes before meeting SE)

2. Once agreed, PML requires individual buyers to submit a cheque as indication of interest. I am thinking of $2K to $5K deposit. Give them 3 days to confirm our offer.

3. All other matters (colour. old car trade-in. loans etc) will be handled by individuals with SE direct. This group buy arrangement is purely for group-price purpose only. NO OTHER RESPONSIBIITY.

Let's set a target deadline to close this: 20 February

PM me if you are interested. (interested means willing to pay deposit cheque to PML).

varco;413890 said:
Hi Guys,

Just back from PML, they quoted me a 525 @ 164K and 520 @ 146K and trade in my 2.5 years Volvo S80 @ 50K+.

I think PML is not willing to reduce their price yet and depressing the price of the trade in car. or maybe it depends on the SE? :furious:

Regards,
Varco

Hmm .. I was quoted $135, although trade-in was very bad as well.
If you are selling your S80 at 50+k, then I might well buy it :)
Time to buy but bad time to sell.

NetDreamer;413897 said:
Hmm .. I was quoted $135, although trade-in was very bad as well.
If you are selling your S80 at 50+k, then I might well buy it :)
Time to buy but bad time to sell.
Hi NetDreamer,

I don't think I am willing to sell to 50K+ for the S80. It's not worth it to sell at this price to buy the 5 series, might as well drive for few more years.

Just thinking of changing if I do not need to top up too much but I don't think it is possible now.

Regards,
Varco

already replied your PM. now is buyer market and we should not rush into it. 2009 Q1 and Q2 would be the worst (my opinion) especially more bad to worse news from USA and also scandals from big corporations. however, if the price is right where selling price is closed with "low" profit margin, then it is a steal to buy :thumbsup:

buyer MUST take advantage. how many times will you see a financial tsunami and collapse of auto industry ?

JDA6649;413892 said:
Group Buy for 520 / 525

I have sent out PMs to those who indicated interest. If there are anybody else, please PM me.

The arrangement is such:

1. We will meet for a "hello hello" session to get to know each other. Hve coffee at PML and discuss price to offer/ accessories etc. (e.g. 60 minutes before meeting SE)

2. Once agreed, PML requires individual buyers to submit a cheque as indication of interest. I am thinking of $2K to $5K deposit. Give them 3 days to confirm our offer.

3. All other matters (colour. old car trade-in. loans etc) will be handled by individuals with SE direct. This group buy arrangement is purely for group-price purpose only. NO OTHER RESPONSIBIITY.

PM me if you are interested. (interested means willing to pay deposit cheque to PML).

Hi,

Is the offer for the new 320i model? Cheers

Sorry referring to one of the response on 320i enquiry in Dec. 08.

Thanks.

Apologies. No, I am not looking at the 320i. I suggest you start a separate thread as I am also seeing some interest. Good time to come together and capitalise on the uncertainty.

Agreed, with that kind of Trade-in, might as well drive for a few more years.
Unless, looking at 2nd set of wheel.

BMWSILVER;413818 said:
During Dec 08, I was offered S$112K for the 320i Basic.
PML will use the Open Cat at $6K to register if I am keen.

Hope this information is useful :)

Hi,

Are you referring to the new model or the old model at S$112K?

Cheers

think it will be difficult to get high trade in and low price at the same time.

if you look at the cost price, refer to below link:
http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publi...ost.MainPar.0047.File.tmp/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

you can see that the cost price of a 525 is around $121k, for a 520 around $105k (excluding COE). this excludes pml operating cost and SE commission so what is a reasonable margin - 10k, 15k, 20k?

the last price update i got was 158.8k for the 525, which is a 38k margin - too high imho. furthermore, i think they need to slash again when the new E class is in Singapore in Q3.

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publi...ost.MainPar.0047.File.tmp/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

care to share the dealership that u happen to see the books?? i am actually looking for a car to buy, but if the dealership u mentioned is selling the car at a lost or at cost like u mentioned. I dont mind buying from them even it happens to be a china made car. I didnt know that such car dealerships exist making a lost. My friend used to be in the car trade was making tons of money riding the boom even as a PI .

if it is not convenient to share , can PM me. if i get the car almost at cost , dont worry i will give the SE and you a BIG ANG PAO .....thanks

henry2703;413235 said:
due to the nature of my job... i had the opportunity to see some of their books...

whether you believe or not... is a different matter...

i don't suck up to my sales man... i get what i want or pay what i think is fair.

it is everyone's interest to bargain and work at a good price. nobody will fault you for that, but if you are out to kill and draw blood and make the sales guy work for nothing... i am sorry you get bad treatment after that. that is the facts of life.

one thing i agree with you.. if you have a secure job and / or a large savings.... yes.. never a better time to buy a new car.

I'm not in the car busines.... but in general I feel if an item's cost is 100k, it must be sold at least with a 20k margin to sustain the business. And if the item is of luxury nature, add another 10% to it. This is just the way the business is ran. PML is making lots of profit from the BMW dealership. It has absolutely no need to reduce its margin dramatically. SE's problem is his/her own problem. In this climate it's difficult for a job. There are plenty of ppl willing to work as SE.

The only time u see a fat margin disappears is when "exclusive dealership" disappears. And BMW runs its independent service unit. You only get a fair deal in an open market. Not in a controlled market in SG.

with the "exclusive dealership", i guess the dealer will say "take it or leave it".
another choice for consumer is to go PI lor.
anyway, i got offer for 320 (professional) @ $122,800 and 520 @ $140,800 -> at least $25K to $30K profit margin (as explained by c722)

c722;414197 said:
I'm not in the car busines.... but in general I feel if an item's cost is 100k, it must be sold at least with a 20k margin to sustain the business. And if the item is of luxury nature, add another 10% to it. This is just the way the business is ran. PML is making lots of profit from the BMW dealership. It has absolutely no need to reduce its margin dramatically. SE's problem is his/her own problem. In this climate it's difficult for a job. There are plenty of ppl willing to work as SE.

The only time u see a fat margin disappears is when "exclusive dealership" disappears. And BMW runs its independent service unit. You only get a fair deal in an open market. Not in a controlled market in SG.

i know the car business is lucrative....the rate of return is in the regions of 30-50% for the capital outlay in the boom time. I am not disputing that. But i was informed by henry2703 that some dealerships actually is not making much money from his posting. In tough times like this , i hope to get some savings from my purchase thus asking him for the dealership that he knew that does not do significant mark ups . I am actually on a looking to buy a car. Who would want to run a business that dont yield significant profits for the risks involved?

c722;414197 said:

Already PM U :)

JDA6649;413892 said:
Group Buy for 520 / 525

The arrangement is such:

New Facelifted model :)

actually after all the advice and comments and opinions, the buyer will know what he is able to afford and where to buy it from, be it PI or PML or Used Car market. You can all argue and counter-argue till the cows come home but once u see something you like and your 'feel' tells you that you die die must have that car, you will go ahead and buy it even if its abit above market value.

lazyboy77;414229 said:
i know the car business is lucrative....the rate of return is in the regions of 30-50% for the capital outlay in the boom time. I am not disputing that. But i was informed by henry2703 that some dealerships actually is not making much money from his posting. In tough times like this , i hope to get some savings from my purchase thus asking him for the dealership that he knew that does not do significant mark ups . I am actually on a looking to buy a car. Who would want to run a business that dont yield significant profits for the risks involved?

sure... i can share that info... go to kah motor and grab a civic. those are their bread and butter cars. they don't make much out of it. they make 5k from you and have to provide for operating cost, staff cost and provide warranty for your car for 3 years.

i do hope you will read properly before you start shooting your postings... i look at the books, not individual car sales. On the whole, these dealership don't make THAT MUCH from their new car sales. they make more from servicing. they of couse make more from selling the higher end cars, but if you average it down, the profit, vs their turnover, it is not high.

rough gauge, an exclusive dealership will make about 25 to 30% of their NOP from car sales, and probably 75% of their NOP from the workshops.

you think it is easy to make money from car sales? a 320i PML make 10k from you. that include staff cost, operating cost, still have to provide you 3 years warranty... you think all these things don't need money? you haven't count marketing cost which is hell expensive too. these cost are tranparent to you, but it doesn't mean it don't exist.

after amortising all these cost from the 10k, how much of it you think is left?

bro, this forum we treat each other nice... if you wanna come and scream and shout and challenge people, my suggestion is you take your story else where....

i don't like you... end of my reply to you.

hope you get a nice car that the sales man will die for you.

Correct me if I am wrong but most car parts for new cars are under warranty from their principal (ie Borneo Motors claiming against Toyota Japan or Thailand) for a period of between 1 to 3 years, depending on individual arrangements.

Needless to say, the distributors in Singapore still earn from the labour charges and miscellanous items when we service our cars there from new until the warranty ends.

Hence, the potential higher returns from the distributors' workshops.

henry2703;414881 said:
sure... i can share that info... go to kah motor and grab a civic. those are their bread and butter cars. they don't make much out of it. they make 5k from you and have to provide for operating cost, staff cost and provide warranty for your car for 3 years.

i do hope you will read properly before you start shooting your postings... i look at the books, not individual car sales. On the whole, these dealership don't make THAT MUCH from their new car sales. they make more from servicing. they of couse make more from selling the higher end cars, but if you average it down, the profit, vs their turnover, it is not high.

rough gauge, an exclusive dealership will make about 25 to 30% of their NOP from car sales, and probably 75% of their NOP from the workshops.

you think it is easy to make money from car sales? a 320i PML make 10k from you. that include staff cost, operating cost, still have to provide you 3 years warranty... you think all these things don't need money? you haven't count marketing cost which is hell expensive too. these cost are tranparent to you, but it doesn't mean it don't exist.

after amortising all these cost from the 10k, how much of it you think is left?

bro, this forum we treat each other nice... if you wanna come and scream and shout and challenge people, my suggestion is you take your story else where....

i don't like you... end of my reply to you.

hope you get a nice car that the sales man will die for you.

I may not agree with some parts of your post regarding profit but I generally believe there r some things we dun know about relating to profits but unless we r the bosses of these companies, we will never know. However, you r understandably upset at lazyboy's posts. While we share infor n opinions n experiences here, lazyboy's posts as I see it, have been the anti-thesis of everyone's posts to the point of 'challenging' them to 'prove' their opinions or experiences. He does not need a car. He needs a permanent taxi. I bet he will come in to say BMW drivers r snobs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mksportooo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back