Nissan GT-R Officially Revealed

Re: Nissan GT-R Officially Revealed

mm, the nismo widebody with big rear wing looks good...

Kiddy M;289772 said:
Alex! for ur bro to droolz!! :)

I also have picture......but 'stock' car lah.......kekekekeke

watermark.php

'The Great White'

Right - once again rumours start flying thick and fast. Maybe our resident expert doggie can confirm. These are rumours I have heard... thought would post them here seeing people's interest!!!

1. Nissan have "confirmed" to some extent details on the V-spec. Will be same as the normal spec, but CF hood, different spoiler for more downforce, bigger brakes, freer exhaust - 520hp total and 100kg lighter. Price diffy of Y5m or so...

2. Mine's have confirmed that the VX-ROM is ready for shipping. Price Y162,000. Includes a custom map for the fuel richness etc. you want, depending on the country and quality of fuel, the boost pressure etc. Think this takes the output up to 530hp

Doggie - can you confirm this?? Esp. things about the V-Spec! Damn interesting....

centurion;292407 said:
Another rumour I heard about V-Spec is that it is MANUAL only without DSG option.

That I have heard rebutted several times that Nissan has no plans of making a manual available.

Found more info on the V-Spec. The pricing is correct, however no power increase possibly.

Lighter definitely, much much stiffer - plus strict two seater. A track version basically.

I have not been following the VSpec or SpecV rumours much, but like you said.. they are still rumours.

There were shots of a Nismo-modified GTR in the Festival of Speed last month and most assumed it would be the basis of the new VSpec variant.

From the pics, we can tell that:
a. some modification on the stock front bumper to improve/accomodate better air intake or cooling
b. single large exhaust tip (vs convoluted 4 tail pipes) plus modification on stock bumper
c. Some bonnet pin/lock suggesting the car may have been using a CF bonnet (but painted over to match car color)
d. Volks TE37 gun metal in 20 inch
e. roll cage fitted (probably with removal of rear seats)

So it looks like there might be
a. reworked front bumper (to accomodate bigger air dams). Some PS renders suggest side openings like with R34
b. reworked rear bumper (to accomodate single tail pipe) wonder if it will be centre pipes like GT3
c. CF bonnet
d. improved exhaust flow
e. 2 seater/rollcage

No idea if there's more power to the engine, but the Cosworth engineer working on the project for Nissan did indicate that their original design would have done 600ps, but Nissan changed some of the head components and tuned it down to 480ps. No reason why the SpecV couldn't get the full Cosworth engine.

Also no news on the transmission.

The "father" of GTR has gone on record to say that the Spec V is definitely more lightweight and track focused car and has said that the Bilstein Damptronics system will go, replaced by a more hardcore coilover kit (which means goodbye: daily driver)

Some rumours also suggest an upgraded brake kit (ceramic?)

He has also hinted that there will be a premium for this track model.. I think 10 million yen has been floated, and I expect the base GTR will continue to be sold alongside.

This pricing IMHO puts the GTR very squarely against the Z06 in the US, with the base level Z06 competing head on against base GTR, while the ZR1 (hot version of the Z06 also lightened with CF parts and ceramic brakes) will go against the Spec V

Right - just talked to a salesdroid at Tan Chong - he says they plan to bring the car in Singapore in another 1 or 2 months time!!!

Is this true? Can someone verify this by any remote chance!!!

1-2 months is waaaay ahead of UK and Australia timeframe.

The UK delay is cos of the US launch, and it was expected that it'd take Nissan HQ to train their US counterparts and dealers to service the car properly. Only then can they do the same for UK.. and I guess even later for Australia. DESPITE the fact that UK and Australia already share the same car as Japan (all drive on the same side)

Kudos to them if they can really do the job.

DoggieHowser;293075 said:
1-2 months is waaaay ahead of UK and Australia timeframe.

The UK delay is cos of the US launch, and it was expected that it'd take Nissan HQ to train their US counterparts and dealers to service the car properly. Only then can they do the same for UK.. and I guess even later for Australia. DESPITE the fact that UK and Australia already share the same car as Japan (all drive on the same side)

Kudos to them if they can really do the job.
If I even know how Japanese do business, I think Tan Chong can pull it off.

They have a GREAT history with the Japanese, for decades.

They can have anything they want, really, it's just a matter of asking.

And the GTR is worth it.

How about some of you guys call up tan chong and ask them???

i talked to them some time back and they said they had no idea! today the guy was definite!!!

wow with 300++K SGD, you can buy a car with supercar performance. Thats is erm.....big wow man! Skyline GTR is really a lengendary car. Im not too familiar with such stuff but its really a legend to me.....if got money can buy it for a car for leisure use man.. slurp! :)

The white one?

Heard it got registered on Friday :) possibly first on the road

The only weakness that I think the GTR quite possibly may have is its weight. Short stints as on roads or low intensity laps on track may not show it up, but it will be interesting to see how in say TCC 40 min enduro events at SIC with a decent driver, how the laptimes degrade (or not) over longer stints.

The impressive Nring quick time doesn't prove tire 'unfadeability', Nring has a number of long straights (cool off periods) dispersed throughout the lap and weather was cool IIRC when record was run... all helping tire life. I'm also quite sure that for such a big track that time or distance spent under lateral accel. as a ratio to total lap time or distance, is smaller than most tracks. IOW, other tracks have the potential to be harder on the tires per unit time or distance. Your're taking somewhere around 200-250% longer by both time and/or distance to yaw the car 360 degrees CW > CCW (since CW track) at Nring vs a typical track say SIC.

Electronics have a big influence on transient balance and all that, but very small one to absolute grip and steady state balance, so majority of energy input the same and compounds equal, I see trying to accelerate an extra 300 or so kg (a lot) in rapid succession (due to lots of power) as something that will hurt it in anything long term.

I don't know anything about the GTR tire construction, size, inflation pressures, but anyone with access to the car could easily measure patch areas and if its static total patch area to vehicle weight ratio is considerably smaller than other cars in class that run more typical weight, then there is strong probability that tire degradation in longer stints will be an issue. The good news is that this sort of operation is lowest on the list of any street car owner especially a commuter car, and there is no requirement to ever run it for extended stints in order to enjoy the car. It's just the cherry on the top for some, but for others not even a consideration.

To clarify.. electronics, AWD, patch aspect ratio, pressure distribution within patch, etc. are all minor influences on how much energy is being put into each tire overall but also the peaks at the patch while running, but even in total, IMO not at all significant enough to offset lack of patch area to weight ratio. So it is a good overall indicator.

In earlier post "rapid succession (due to lots of power)" is meant in that power gets you down the straights to the next braking and cornering areas quicker. Across a typical road course lap, it is the braking and cornering accelerations that are hardest on the tires. It is these forces coming in rapid succession that hurt tires, not power-on longitudinal acceleration in typical driving (non-launch, no high slip ratios). So the influence of power on tire degradation in almost all driving situations, especially road courses, is indirect - although I put it in parenthesis right next to rapid succession.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dangnhapfun88

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back