Overseas Drive - Malacca 31st Mar 2007

Re: Overseas Drive - Kukup Seafood 24th Mar 2007

sounds interesting!!! i also wan to participate.. but donno if i am able to drive in...plus i am a direction idiot...:confused::confused:

Re: Overseas Drive - Kukup Seafood 24th Mar 2007

Ok Guys.. Time to revive this thread... (No more OT from this post onwards please.)

Lets do a drive on 24 Mar 2007(Sat) to the place where Toto suggested, reason being the road nicer, less potholes and longer also so that we can spend half a day at least for a good gathering. I will need to know who needs to get those heavy duties walkie talkie at $15 per day (Walkie Talkie is a Must for every car).

I need convoy leaders, kindly please PM me or post here if you are familiar with the road to Si Wan Dao..

Namelist
1. Toto
2. TripleM (sweeper)
3. 33 (sweeper)
4. MockngBrd
5. bmwF1
6. gadaffi
7. Shameless
8.Terry

Re: Overseas Drive - "Si Wan Dao aka Pengerang" Seafood 24th Mar 2007

Louis sent me this map about the place we are going called Pengerang.. No wonder Toto said he will reach faster by taking ferry from Tanah Merah terminal then cycle there.. haha..

so it's a bicycle drive this time or a bimmer drive ? i might be coming, but depanding on my work timetable, always screw up last min.

ferry is from changi village...not from TM. not sure can make it or not...will revert soon.

Hi Guys

Just curious... why is the response so poor? I thought there was a thread early this year or end last year.. many forumers were asking for drive to malaysia?? IMHO, I don't know how to organise any more drive when ppl suggested but the response was so poor when I really organised it. :(

I really would appreciate some feedback so that i can make changes or watever to make it a better event. :)

Babe, that place is really really far away. The last time we did it last August, we took 2.5 hours to go up and another 2.5 hours to come back down. By the time we reach back Singapore, it was in the evening and almost time for dinner!

I will seriously be much faster taking a ferry and cycling there. Plus the road is not an expressway like the NSH, it is not exactly fun to drive on those roads.

I do appreciate your hard work in organising but I think this time it is the location that is quite tricky

Or it could be just a matter of coincidence that most people are busy during this chosen date? I know that's the case for me, otherwise, I'd surely go...

Thanks Kelvin, Adam for the feedback..

I really wanted to organise something that most will enjoy.. not just merely organise for the sake of organising. I also have some forumers pm-ed me and said they can only make it on a Sunday.

Anyway, keep it going if you have any suggestion etc.. I will see what i can do instead.. :)

i mentioned it on 3th page of this thread, yeah, why Saturday ?

After looking at the map, wow, won't a ferry be really much faster ?

Strawberry Farm at Cameron Highlands will be closer or not ?

rex7_vtec;183084 said:
are there any other nearer locations?

nearer locations i can think of and involve mostly highway driving will be Malacca(2hrs), port dickson(3hrs). The others like kukup, kota tinggi, desaru all are small roads driving and some got potholes along the way. I also not very familiar with Malaysia actually...hehe.. birng u guys to holland if u were to follow me.. :laughlik: ...hmm.. how abt go muar and eat durian?? anyone knows the route??

teckheng;183083 said:
Strawberry Farm at Cameron Highlands will be closer or not ?

haha.. teckheng.. cameron highlands is easily 5hrs driving at least...

rex7_vtec;183091 said:
Shall we have a local Seafood Dinner outing first to gauge the number of seafood enthusiasts here? Perhaps after a monthly meetup and all convoy there.... Just throwing out some ideas ;)

hahaha.. my dear.. last month i organised a lohei seafood dinner.. sadly.. no signups.. ended up only me and some usual kakis went.. but still as fun drinking and Ben aka Bmer "huat" so loud while we were doing the lohei thingy... those tables behind him all looked at us.. haha..and Nuke almost wnated to hide under the table...:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

ah... another thing i can think of.. org an drive into JB and play karting... I think Saify tried to org once but the response not so good also..

babe,

IMO, its not really the distance cos part of the fun of this outing is the leisure drive on the msia roads right? think its like wat adam said, jus a matter of coincidence that everyone might be busy...

as for a JB karting outing, i'm very very interested!!!!! but dun think we all need to drive there right. can do a car pool........

I won't mind heading down... Will tag along with you babe... As long as it don't involve too much of walking and stressing on my right feet... :)

hi babe, don't lose heart in organising events for us.

I'm not comfortable driving into M'sia in my car but would love to tag along if there is vacancy in your car... :)

babe;183088 said:
haha.. teckheng.. cameron highlands is easily 5hrs driving at least...

:yikess: lucky i never promise my girl i bring her to cameron highlands for starberries.

btw, the Seafood got what signature dish ?

Cheer up Michie...many of us appreciate yr effort 4 organising events all these while & u r doin fine.dun feel disheartened by the response :) .
during last yr's National day seafood drive, there were only 7 cars but we all had so much fun taking photos, enjoy the scenery,hvng lunch together,coffee break & the enjoyable drive .

Cheer up :) ! Count me in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back