• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Prices for Bimmers

Re: Prices for Bimmers

Can somebody who has gone down to PML recently gives updates on the latest car prices? Trade in offers and so on. Really interested to know about 525i. Working so cannot go down...Sian..Call up always give same old same old......

enigma80;439114 said:
Can somebody who has gone down to PML recently gives updates on the latest car prices? Trade in offers and so on. Really interested to know about 525i. Working so cannot go down...Sian..Call up always give same old same old......

You can use the base amount as a guide. Based on OMV of $56k and COE of $10k, their base cost would be $140k excluding overheads, sales margin and distributor's profit.

For luxury marques, the margin for their bread & butter series are closer to 20k (for example, margin for Lexus is around $25k) while margin for niche ones can be $30k or much more. This was in Mar 09 - Apr 09. Recently prices seems to be firmer along with improving market sentiment and increasingly higher COE.

I think if you can get around mid $160ish k without any loan rebate, it would already be a steal in today's market. That's just my personal assessment as I do not represent any brands and I am not a salesman.

ktnpl;439104 said:
That's about $30k margin for overheads, sales commission and profit

I see. Anyone can recommend me a trustworthy salesman? I'm just not sure what's the market selling price as there seem to be random discounts from list prices, e.g. a discount of close to $30k for the 525i!?

Anyone here bought the 118i?

Just curious:-

When a certain sales person had served us e.g. arranged test drive; I was told that die die, if you were to buy a car from PML, the commission has to go to that specific sales person. i.e. if you later decide to purchase from another of their sales person, the first sales person will get the commission! True rite? How long does this last.. I mean say I test drive this month... and later 6 months down the road, I go down to get another test drive.. Will the first sales person also get the commission... does anyone know?

Unless test drive is by another family member's IC, and subsequently when u buy the ride, u can still opt for a specific sales person. Correct or not?

Paladin99;439121 said:
I see. Anyone can recommend me a trustworthy salesman? I'm just not sure what's the market selling price as there seem to be random discounts from list prices, e.g. a discount of close to $30k for the 525i!?

Anyone here bought the 118i?

ktnpl;439118 said:
You can use the base amount as a guide. Based on OMV of $56k and COE of $10k, their base cost would be $140k excluding overheads, sales margin and distributor's profit.

For luxury marques, the margin for their bread & butter series are closer to 20k (for example, margin for Lexus is around $25k) while margin for niche ones can be $30k or much more. This was in Mar 09 - Apr 09. Recently prices seems to be firmer along with improving market sentiment and increasingly higher COE.

I think if you can get around mid $160ish k without any loan rebate, it would already be a steal in today's market. That's just my personal assessment as I do not represent any brands and I am not a salesman.

Ok Thanks! Was told price would be about $171K. I wonder just how low they would be willing to go...somemore now COE rise...but I keep hearing OMV is now slightly higher than $53K only...

enigma80;439204 said:
Ok Thanks! Was told price would be about $171K.
This number is correct. The list price 191,800 never changes from Jan 09. And they have 20k overtrade readily offered, so the "real" price now is 171,800. The SE should have another 2k "service credit" that can easily be used for the trade in if u dun want that "credit". After this it's between ur car's tradein value and how much your SE is going to give you more, but I doubt there is much the SE can do now. Figure is more or less fixed by PML, it can't change much. We all are at the mercy of PML. If you are lucky, or SE gd, she/he will find a very gd/reasonable price for your tradein, at least as good as what you get if you sell outside.

Oh if you take loans, then you can get another 8k "cash rebate". But this loan thing is so BS I dun consider that "8k" as a discount at all. You'd better dun take it.

.but I keep hearing OMV is now slightly higher than $53K only...
53k was for the older 525i. The current 525 with the M bodykit packge has better rims, newer iDrive, bluetooth builtin, soft closing doors, comfort access, these are all added cost items, so should be higher than 53k. Right now euro is appreciating significantly, I think the OMV very likely to be over 56k. (Anyone collecting the M-kit 525 next week can share the OMV figure ?)

Thanks C722! That was quite helpful. At least got a somewhat better understanding...

The current 525i has very good equipment level but do note that it does not have built-in navigation and music storage. The music storage comprises 12Gb of space which can store the equivalent of over 100 music CDs in compressed format. Even without the navigation and music storage, it is still overall a very attractive package.:thumbsup:

Ahbengdriver;439434 said:
how much is an X6, after discount n what not? 3.5 and 4.4?
ABD, wait for X6 ///M:goodup:

ktnpl;433973 said:
March 2009 prices (all ex stock):

E90 320i basic - $107k
E90 320i Professional - $115k
E90 323i - $133k
E60 520i - $133k
E90 325i - $141k
E60 525i - $155k
E90 335i - $193k

April 2009 prices:

E60 525i - $163k (new stock with better equipment)
E90 335i - $193k

Above are prices I obtained from fellow forummers and/or quoted by SEs taking into consideration overtrade for existing car and without taking loan. If there is no car for trade-in, they may not offer you the same price. But if you take loan, there should be further discounts of several thousand dollars depending on loan amount and loan period.

Damn.. never know for a 3 series can get as low as 107K. haiz... I should have got myself one then. Well part and parcel of life, will get it on the next round then.

klodder;440190 said:
Damn.. never know for a 3 series can get as low as 107K. haiz... I should have got myself one then. Well part and parcel of life, will get it on the next round then.
So whats the price for 320i basic now?

i don't think PML is bringing in any 320i basic models alr. they only have 320i pro.
PML recently brought in the 318s if u r interested. price-wise... i've heard the 318 is gng for ard 110k. they're out to "kill" the merc c180 market... hope that helps.

cheers!

krim_kracker;440948 said:
i don't think PML is bringing in any 320i basic models alr. they only have 320i pro.
PML recently brought in the 318s if u r interested. price-wise... i've heard the 318 is gng for ard 110k. they're out to "kill" the merc c180 market... hope that helps.

cheers!

I went to PML Alexandra today to get some car care products for my E60, as part of the Principle of Joy promotion. Had a chance to sit inside the 318i. Here are some impressions:

- Air-conditioning switches were of the manual type.
- Retrofitted GPS system looks quite pleasant. Screen is a bit small though.
- Leather smells a bit weird (not sure if its leatherette)
- Automatic seats (better than the Merc C180K)

Hi all new owner (just collected your 525i this month) with M Areodynamic body kit, comfort access system, soft-close function for doors & bluetooth interface package.

Congrats to you!

Can anyone share what is your OMV?

Thanks.

Hi All,

Went down to PML today to look at the 525i. Was quoted, $191,800 with an overtrade of $18K, no loan rebate/discount of any sort for any loan amount. Effectively, the best price the SE can give me is strictly retail price minus overtrade.

Only when he was trying to make me sign on the spot he told me he can ask his manager if my car trade in price can be adjustedly slightly if i can commmit.

So what exactly is a good deal? i got up till end August to get a new car and i am quite firm on getting the 525i.

Cheers!

shiokS60;442871 said:
Hi All,

Went down to PML today to look at the 525i. Was quoted, $191,800 with an overtrade of $18K

as expected, with the jump in COE, they raise the price by 2k. The overtrade used to be 20k.

I think the only thing u can try to bargain is the tradein price. A few k here and there. PML basically controlled the prices. Nothing much the SE can do.

Just need some opinion before i commit.

If you guys were me, having to change car before mid September, would you buy now or hold for another 1-2months?

FYI, i am present driving a sep 04' E46 318i.

Cheers!

Exiliman;441111 said:
Hi all new owner (just collected your 525i this month) with M Areodynamic body kit, comfort access system, soft-close function for doors & bluetooth interface package.

Can anyone share what is your OMV?

It's shockingly low: 51k only! With higher Euro, more accessories, and yet the OMV can still be less than in April !
This just proves we consumers really cannot win over car dealers. With a lower OMV, the cost to them will be dramatically lower, even though the COE is higher. PML's margin actually increases.

c722;443930 said:
It's shockingly low: 51k only! With higher Euro, more accessories, and yet the OMV can still be less than in April !
This just proves we consumers really cannot win over car dealers. With a lower OMV, the cost to them will be dramatically lower, even though the COE is higher. PML's margin actually increases.

38k to be exact ;) and a very nice number too (before deducting overheads)

Brothers buying now should counter propose $8,888 vouchers so we can huat together with them. $2k vouchers during POJ is too little.

Those with lots of vouchers can lelong here. I offer to pay $168 cash (huat all the way) for every $200 voucher =D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topcssgallery
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back