PS2 vs Dunlop Sports Maxx

waynechai

Guys..

Recently, I actually changed from 205 R16 44 to 225 R17 45...I am sure this played a part in my tyre experience.

The new tyres are Eagle F1...and I absolutely hate the tyres...driving my car is les of a joy now.
The tyres are:
1) Rocky
2) Real Hard
3) Noisy (particularly as slow speed and when stopping)

Consequently, I am dead bent to change.
And I am looking at PS2 and Dunlop Sports Maxx, based on what I have read so far.
PS2 will cost me $320 each and the Dunlop tyres will cost $180 each.

Ride comfort and noise is very important to me, given that I never exceed 120km in Singpaore, and I seldom go Malaysia.

Based on that, any recommendation?
I know Dunlop is very much cheaper....but if money is not a concern, given my requirement for comfort and quietness, should I take PS2.

Or Bridgestone Turnaza Re30? heard this is real comfortable....

Thanks for feed back...

Re: PS2 vs Dunlop Sports Maxx

Don't exceed 120kmh, comfort more important than performance...

Bro... IMHO you should not be looking at "Performance Tyres"... Look elsewhere for the "Comfort and Quiet" tyres. They will save you money and be more in line with what you're looking for.

Maybe something along the lines of Yokohama Aspec DB... Michelin Precedas etc...

for yr preference i would recommend pirelli pzero if u need i know a shop hv stock to clear at good price. sms me if u want it 97349528

You can try the Bridgestones GR80 or Yokohama DNA db decibel, both are comfort tyres. They should be good enough for your requirements. I tried both before, they are indeed alot less noisy than EagleF1.

Cheers

Thanks folks..
I was wondering apart from people who go to the track, how many of you actually exceed 120 regularly?
Actually, I do exceed 120km in Singapore, but rarely...and of course on the rare occasion (maybe once a year) when I go KL, I am likely to hit 140km.

Should I really forget about these tyres then?
I was thinking indeed maybe I dont need this kind of performance tyre...???

Beside quietness and comfort, the grip on wet weather as well as feel for cornering must be good...

Any othe recommendation?

Wayne,

Understand that you can't have everything, much as we all like to.......

Its Performance Vs Comfort

I'm on 19" Dunlop SportMaxx..... must say its not bad for the price and performance but i hear that once it starts to wear down, it gets noisy...

But your choice of PS and SportMaxx does point you in the direction of performance..... and whilst you say that you don't really 'perform' on your car, you want good cornering grip.... so I'm not really sure exactly what you want.....

The comfort tyres are really quiet but don't hold as well, the performance tyres hold well but are not as quiet.....

Good luck choosing.....

PS2 seems bit wasted for your needs so save the $
From your description above, other than SPMaxx..u can perhaps consider Toyo T1-R and/or Yokohama Advan Sport, both are quite comfortable

Bridgestone tires tend to be harder n less comfortable in my experience as their sidewalls are quite stiff.

Dan Ong;157956 said:
You can try the Bridgestones GR80 or Yokohama DNA db decibel, both are comfort tyres. They should be good enough for your requirements. I tried both before, they are indeed alot less noisy than EagleF1.

Cheers
thot you could also try Michelin's XM1...branded as comfy tyres with 5% reduction in fuel consumption...anybody used this before?

waynechai;157970 said:
Thanks folks..
I was wondering apart from people who go to the track, how many of you actually exceed 120 regularly?
Actually, I do exceed 120km in Singapore, but rarely...and of course on the rare occasion (maybe once a year) when I go KL, I am likely to hit 140km.

Should I really forget about these tyres then?
I was thinking indeed maybe I dont need this kind of performance tyre...???

Beside quietness and comfort, the grip on wet weather as well as feel for cornering must be good...

Any othe recommendation?

Comfy tyres are generally poor in the wet...dunno if you can find "AA" traction rated comfy tyres. Had the Turanza before...very quiet i must say but lots of "surprises" on a wet day. Running precedas now; good compromising tyre for my driving style....short sprints and hard corners occasionally.

I changed the tyres on my E Class Merc from Goodyear F1 GSD3 to Goodyear Revspec II, which spec is in between the performance category and comfort category. The price is also in between.

So far, it's quite good in grip and not noisy. Why don't you do some research on this tyre?

DJ, are you sure it's not due to the deterioration of your hearing capability? hahahhahahahaahaha...........

Pak

Haha. Maybe, the previous GSD3 tyres were sure damn noisy once they got worn down.

Seems that general consensus based on what I read is that the GR80 is comfy and quiet, and reasonable grip, and that it out performs the mxv8.
Any review on this anywhere? Seems that this is a "SINGAPORE" tyre.

Any idea where is thsi tyre makes in, the rating and the price?
MIne is 225 r17 45.

Hmmm....
My situation (is such that I have to pay abt $20 per tyre more than mkt price for the GR80, whereas somehow, I am paying $10 lower than mkt price for Dunlop Sports Maxx.
And I am paying at mkt price for SP2.

I feel aggrieved to pay more than mkt price for anthing, and when I said I have to, it means I have to. Can't get it elsewhere, primarily owing to the existing pair of tyres.

Consequently, I am very tempted to get Sports Maxx.
The price is $180 for Dunlop Sports Maxx, $240 for GR80, and $320 for PS2..

Too much to pay for PS2, which would have been my top choice.

I am using the Sportmaxx and it is pretty quiet and grips pretty well. I think it will suit your purpose BUT not sure if it will get louder when it wears down later as I have only had it on for 2 months. However, I think most tyres will get louder with time, it is just at different rates.

Hi

Go for PS2 if money is not a major problem. You will not regret it. I am using it and I think it is worth it and peace of mind.

Good for you. How much did you paid for it? You can PM me, I might have to change it soon. Thanks.

waynechai, care to give a quick review if PS2 is noisy? thought of getting it and noise is my main concern.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkvao8xbet_1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back