Resale E60 is so hot now

Re: Resale E60 is so hot now

Normal wear and tear ...... and are you referring to the ignition coils ?

nothingman;881845 said:
is leaking of engine oil very normal for E60? omg been 2 weeks since i got my car and found a couple of problems already.

1) injection coil spoilt
2) engine mounting spoilt
3) workshop told me that there is leakage of engine oil

Pls dun let the list go on!!!

And it should take 2 hours .....

Terras14;882455 said:
Engine mount nngearbox mount comes together I think n normally changed together. It's not ex. The mounting coz less than 200 I think n labour ard 300 the last time I ask at a normal old sch BMW workshop. Yes worn mounting u may experience vibration.

hi bro,

Im looking at to buy a second hand e60. The car plate is SGS847*. Is this car a previous owner of any bro here?

many many thank.

Red_Bean_Bun;882467 said:
And it should take 2 hours .....

Thank you.
So change both engine & gear mount is total around $500 (parts & labour)
Do you know how many mount for engine & gear? Just want to make sure all replaced.

Another separate question.
Any general price guide for air flow sensor replacement. Was told to replace because idling rpm not stable. Diagnosis correct?

IS250C;883747 said:
Thank you.
So change both engine & gear mount is total around $500 (parts & labour)
Do you know how many mount for engine & gear? Just want to make sure all replaced.

Another separate question.
Any general price guide for air flow sensor replacement. Was told to replace because idling rpm not stable. Diagnosis correct?
Air Flow Sensor usually can be clean, using those electronics contact cleaners. Sometimes the sensors (oxygen sensors) can be dirtied by the excess oil from the KNN air cleaner

Passat57;883759 said:
Air Flow Sensor usually can be clean, using those electronics contact cleaners. Sometimes the sensors (oxygen sensors) can be dirtied by the excess oil from the KNN air cleaner

Thank you. Will sound that to workshop to pretend that I am technically inclined so hopefully don't anyhow misled me.

Hi all,

I have narrow down to the below two ride:

Aug08 525
2 owners, 60k mileage
Gps, old I-drive knob
No body kit
OMV: 66k
Ask: 126k

Aug09 525
2 owners, 80k mileage
OMV: 52k
Ask: 139k
New I-drive knob.
M5 body kit, PML extended warranty till Aug13

Which ride will you go for?

Thanks in advance
Ct

Ct13;883792 said:
Hi all,

I have narrow down to the below two ride:

Aug08 525
2 owners, 60k mileage
Gps, old I-drive knob
No body kit
OMV: 66k
Ask: 126k

Aug09 525
2 owners, 80k mileage
New I-drive knob.

Which ride will you go for?

Thanks in advance
Ct

Aug09 525
2 owners, 80k mileage
New I-drive knob.

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

any dealer who says "M5 bodykit" needs to be carefully scrutinized. I have come across an E60 with just a front Hamann add on lip and the dealer described it as "Full M5 bodykit".

I think some dealers are clueless abt beemers lor
There is even a diff between mtech and m5 kit lor

Aldebaran;883881 said:
I think some dealers are clueless abt beemers lor
There is even a diff between mtech and m5 kit lor

is quite norm that dealers usually doesn't know what they are selling..............perhaps is time LTA impliment some courses for them. ( upgrade ), sounds good

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Hi,

i'm a new member her.

i just bought an E60 which is coming to 5 years old, i sent to an outside workshop to service the car, not to mention that it cost me quite a fair amount, but after the service is done, i found the engine oil indicator continue to show as maximum. Sent back to the workshop and they filtered the engine oil and cleaned the sensor, but it still didn't work, they told me it needs to be changed. May i know if this is common and can i just ignore this or is advisable to get it replaced? thanks in advance.

hot123;900609 said:
Hi,

i'm a new member her.

i just bought an E60 which is coming to 5 years old, i sent to an outside workshop to service the car, not to mention that it cost me quite a fair amount, but after the service is done, i found the engine oil indicator continue to show as maximum. Sent back to the workshop and they filtered the engine oil and cleaned the sensor, but it still didn't work, they told me it needs to be changed. May i know if this is common and can i just ignore this or is advisable to get it replaced? thanks in advance.

What's grade of engine oil are you using? I suggest you monitior for the time being. Usually around 7-8K it'll prompt you to top up....

Thks. I've been driving for more than a month and the indicator still showed as max (too high), the workshop confirmed the sensor is faulty. the question is that if is faulty, then there is no way to tell if the engine oil is ok or not at any point in time.

hot123;900686 said:
Thks. I've been driving for more than a month and the indicator still showed as max (too high), the workshop confirmed the sensor is faulty. the question is that if is faulty, then there is no way to tell if the engine oil is ok or not at any point in time.

Maz is right, you should worry more if after top up and driving after a few days, shows low.

hot123;900686 said:

I'm very "impressed" with your workshop "expertise".

Hi Divespyder,

Care to share more what did you mean by that? this is what the workshop did....., they drained the engine oil, poured in new one, "cleaned" the sensor but still showed excessive engine oil, thus they mentioned that sensor needs to be replaced.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ee88poker

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back