• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

still haven got my ride...

Re: still haven got my ride...

Terry;454171 said:
seriosuly... u are driving a blardy car... and a blardy bmw...

whats the diff between 7k dep and 8k dep... 1k also make u think so much?

are u the kind who stop by the shoulder lane for 5 mins to avoid ERP....

and shake the hell of ur car when filling up in JB?

Bro, you sound more harsh than me leh.

But seriously, when buying a premium badge, prepare to pay a premium; which translate to relatively higher depri.

Sat in JB saw an owner of a S'pore 740i shaking the hell out of his ride at Shell Station. Hiazz.

kim_pioneer;454174 said:
Bro, you sound more harsh than me leh.

But seriously, when buying a premium badge, prepare to pay a premium; which translate to relatively higher depri.

Sat in JB saw an owner of a S'pore 740i shaking the hell out of his ride at Shell Station. Hiazz.

i not harsh la... i just stating the truth... where got people drive 100 over thousand dollar car is making a big fuss about 1k depreciation in public forum... doesnt make sense to me... some more is DEPRECIATION... not monthly installment... this one brings a new level to the word ngiao sia....

unless you are driving a 4000bucks COE car... then u care about 1000bucks depreciation....

he da man!! kekekekekekke

Terry;454176 said:
i not harsh la... i just stating the truth... where got people drive 100 over thousand dollar car is making a big fuss about 1k depreciation in public forum... doesnt make sense to me...

unless you are driving a 4000bucks COE car... then u care about 1000bucks depreciation....

he da man!! kekekekekekke

Maybe it's his priority or values lah. Nothing wrong or right about it; jux that I can't comprehand his rationale, that's all.

If ultra value is what I m looking for, I will stick with my former Altis. Super low depri, FC is up to 17km/l based on mixed drive, low maintance blah blah blah.

For Bimmer, be prepare for some damage to your pocket lah... no choice:woottt: :woottt:

regret;454162 said:
actually its more on the depre im lookin at, im nt willin to pay more than 8k depre for a e90, taking into consideration i could get a e90 for ard 7k just 1 mth ago....

actually to be fair to him.
he's not being ngeow about 1k.
he has actually raised his depre expectations from 7k. to 8k/year

anyhow. if you want 7-8k depre
ask yourself if you'll keep the car for 7-8 more years.
if not. when you factor in your REAL selling price down the road.
your depre might be closer to 10k+

niteblu;454186 said:
actually to be fair to him.
he's not being ngeow about 1k.
he has actually raised his depre expectations from 7k. to 8k/year

anyhow. if you want 7-8k depre
ask yourself if you'll keep the car for 7-8 more years.
if not. when you factor in your REAL selling price down the road.
your depre might be closer to 10k+

That's precisely the point. Ngeow or not is a subjective issue in which everyone should respect.

The point that I m trying to bring across is we can pay $1 and expect "Mountain Cat King" Durian rite? Think of the premium we pay for the MCK durian over a standard D24 as possible depreciation in relative.

You guys have been too harsh to our bro regret. I don't think he is ngeow, but just being prudent enough to make sure he does not get a bad deal. Having said that, i think a budget of $8K depreciation for a 3 - 4 year old E90 320 is quite realistic. like what bro Niteblu said, the car has to be driven for another 6 - 7 years.

Bro regret, our advice to you is not to be 'penny wise pound foolish', some owners may appear selling their cars 'cheap' but you will be buying over their 'shit', repair costs going to cost you a bomb. If I were you, instead of looking for just pure price alone, pay a premium for a better condition car and save you thousands down the road..

achee;454197 said:
You guys have been too harsh to our bro regret. I don't think he is ngeow, but just being prudent enough to make sure he does not get a bad deal. Having said that, i think a budget of $8K depreciation for a 3 - 4 year old E90 320 is quite realistic. like what bro Niteblu said, the car has to be driven for another 6 - 7 years.

Bro regret, our advice to you is not to be 'penny wise pound foolish', some owners may appear selling their cars 'cheap' but you will be buying over their 'shit', repair costs going to cost you a bomb. If I were you, instead of looking for just pure price alone, pay a premium for a better condition car and save you thousands down the road..

Great summary.

Like I mentioned, prepare for the premium(in relative to the depri) if we go for the badge. There are certain things that we can't do anything about; except of course by not buying.

Looking for Velue-for-money deal is what all of us want, but with certain limitations.

Bro regret, no offence meant in my earlier post, n I am sure that the other bros who contribute earlier meant good too.

Really like wat bro achee said, it's the aftersales maintainence that you should be more concerned about.

Happy but careful shopping

Cheers

I think regret is ok to calculate his damage using depreciation.

It is a form of budgeting/forecast/calculation/gauging. I still use it as a gauge today.

Of course, the number calculated will not be the actual depreciation; it will only be if we drive till 10th year.

Nonetheless, it is still a gauge.

But, but, lower depreciation may also means older cars, which could mean higher wear and tear. The costs of wear and tear will add to the yearly damage. Wear and tear is difficult to forecast though.

Now I wonder, how come I am writing like niteblu. :lol2:

regret, if you have 2 choices:
- newer car with lower mileage, better condition - yearly depreciation = $8.0k
- older car with much higher mileage, not as good condition - yearly depreciation = $7.0k

go for the earlier.
Because the wear and tear on the 2nd car will likely costs > $1k in your first year of ownership.

However, if all being the same, e.g. mileage, age of the car,
then depreciation can actually tell you if you are paying higher or lower.

Just use it as a guide, a gauge.

alamak, me writing like niteblu again. :woottt:

life is short...just do what your heart tells you. :)

JC72;454483 said:
life is short...just do what your heart tells you. :)

The heart is telling you to go for 18". If not, at least 17".:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Ai lower mai:nehnehhh: :nehnehhh: :nehnehhh:

C you Sunday

Cheers

appreciate all the comments, kind or harsh!!
terry u are right!! i am sibe ngeow wan...i used to do shake my car in jb 10 yrs ago!! :p bt im not ashamed of myself...i think its perfectly fine to do tat, maybe u think its shameful or maybe u are very rich, tats y u dun do tat. i was just a poor chap driving a mit colt last time, so wad ever i can save on, i will do it. smuggle cigi out, meddle with the pump needle..etc

now back to the depre part. i bot the first batch of altis when it just came out. i still rem, 74k i paid. after driving for 18mths, i sold it at 47k(loss 27k!!!!)for my 1st 318 e46. & tat was the last time i will buy a new car. After tat experience, i learnt how to calc depre and from den on, all the cars ive driven, my losses/depre are very predictable.

e.g. subaru legacy gt, drove for 5 mth. bot 82k, sold 79k.
nissan fairlday. drove for 9mth. bot 90k, sold 89k.
current mit oulander, drove for 18 mth. bot 60k, sold 51k.

maybe to me, i dun come from a rich family, money earned is nt easy, tats y i am more calculative. so those who still think im ngeow and shameful, maybe u can try not to view my thread? tks!!

regret;454999 said:
terry u are right!! i am sibe ngeow wan...i used to do shake my car in jb 10 yrs ago!! :p bt im not ashamed of myself...i think its perfectly fine to do tat, maybe u think its shameful or maybe u are very rich, tats y u dun do tat. i was just a poor chap driving a mit colt last time, so wad ever i can save on, i will do it. smuggle cigi out, meddle with the pump needle..etc

now back to the depre part. i bot the first batch of altis when it just came out. i still rem, 74k i paid. after driving for 18mths, i sold it at 47k(loss 27k!!!!)for my 1st 318 e46. & tat was the last time i will buy a new car. After tat experience, i learnt how to calc depre and from den on, all the cars ive driven, my losses/depre are very predictable.

maybe to me, i dun come from a rich family, money earned is nt easy, tats y i am more calculative. so those who still think im ngeow and shameful, maybe u can try not to view my thread? tks!!

Bro regret,

Same reply from me in my earlier post: ngeow or not is veri subjective. Everyone have the right to do what is comfortable to them. What I want to put across is, don't give yourself too much pressure. The cost, depri, price premium, maintanence all come with the badge; its part of the package.

I can understand where you come from when you say the hardship you have gone through to earn you money. Being on the brink of becoming a bankrupt nearly 15 years ago, n took almost 10 years to fight back what I have lost is not a happy memory. I m never ashamed to admit that I have been poor, n that every cent is blood n sweat.

But while I will always be veri prudent when it come to spending money, I have to tell myself that if I want this baby, I have to know the demages that may come with it; else, I will just stick with my trustable Altis.

I never look down on anyone, jux like I never look down on myself. So bro, if you feel offended at my sincere n honest opinion, I retract. But my point is still the same, if we want the badge, we have to be ready for the demage; which will come in watever way.

It's regretable if my sincere 2 cents worth sound offensive to you.

Cheers

regret;454999 said:

Depreciation works when the market is stable, i.e COE remains consistent. I suppose your loss of $27K for your Altis was due to a sharp plunge in COE rather than high depreciation. During the 90s, many car owners even made money when they sold their cars, that was when COE kept shooting up.

kim_pioneer;455007 said:
Bro regret,

Same reply from me in my earlier post: ngeow or not is veri subjective. Everyone have the right to do what is comfortable to them. What I want to put across is, don't give yourself too much pressure. The cost, depri, price premium, maintanence all come with the badge; its part of the package.

I can understand where you come from when you say the hardship you have gone through to earn you money. Being on the brink of becoming a bankrupt nearly 15 years ago, n took almost 10 years to fight back what I have lost is not a happy memory. I m never ashamed to admit that I have been poor, n that every cent is blood n sweat.

But while I will always be veri prudent when it come to spending money, I have to tell myself that if I want this baby, I have to know the demages that may come with it; else, I will just stick with my trustable Altis.

I never look down on anyone, jux like I never look down on myself. So bro, if you feel offended at my sincere n honest opinion, I retract. But my point is still the same, if we want the badge, we have to be ready for the demage; which will come in watever way.

It's regretable if my sincere 2 cents worth sound offensive to you.

Cheers

tks for the explanation bro!! i fully understand where u coming from! :)
its just me, im a depre cautious person, tats all!!

back to good buys!!

Used BMW 520i Car for Sale from Singapore, BW Automobiles - sgCarMart

this is really a gd buy..provided mileage is low and condition is gd...i dun like silver, if nt, mai tu liao!!!!!! :p

bro Regret. I am sure by now you have in mind what model bimmer you are interested in. and with the extensive calc you have been doing, there must be some ballpark numbers you are looking at and are comfortable with in this next car of yours. my advice is to get in there if anything suitably fits your budget and not procrastinate too much.

i have a buddy who was looking at a used E90 few mths back. price was pretty good for few of them but he wanted to wait it out. next thing he know it, COE started to escalate and the 2-3 yr old E90's he has been eyeing is now not within his budget. Doesnt looks as though COE will be coming down anytime soon as well.

my 0.02

regret;455094 said:
walan..just called...SOLD AGAIN!!! NB..

Hi Regret,

Good to know we are careful about depreciation, but let's not forget the other cost like car insurance which are climbing steadily. Let me know if you need a quote for your next car.

cheers,
pat

bro, wad u r saying is super true lo...i was alr hunting for e90s 2 or 3 mths back...bt tat time i haven sold off my car..sianzzz...nw really have to pay premium if i really still wan 320...:(

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back