Supersprint Exhaust

dsdfan

Anyone installed a Supersprint exhaust (muffler + mid-pipes) on their E90 323, 325 or 330 (6 cylinder)?

Are there worthwhile gains in performance (HP, Torque)?

Any noticeable loss in low-end torque?

Thanks.

Re: Supersprint Exhaust

for your ride exhaust mod 99% acoustics with marginal low end loss. go for eisenmann sports/race best sound I've heard so far for the i6 engines

Thanks Dead Kookabura, I'm not allowed prominent acoustics as mine's a family car.

I understand most catback exhausts for naturally-aspirated engines cater to sound rather than performance.

But I heard that Supersprint is different as it focuses on power gains.

Nobody here seems to have installed one on an E90 6-potter yet, though.

be careful. i suffer from low end torque loss after supersprint upgrade.
i dont like it and now hoping to look for ECU flash to see if reduce the retarded torque feeling.

And Supersprint does not have sufficient mid/high end HP/Torque gain to compensate?

Thanks very much JohnChan & Deadkookabura.

JohnChan;473453 said:
be careful. i suffer from low end torque loss after supersprint upgrade.
i dont like it and now hoping to look for ECU flash to see if reduce the retarded torque feeling.

RDsports rear muffler sound quite nice especially towards the end of the video.....the fly by part....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM9JJmq1vZ4[/YOUTUBE]

'The Great White'

I'm not an e90 owner, but i drive an i6 e46 330ci. I've been on my cat-back supersprint for coming to a year now, and i think though the 2 engines are different, i think the principle behind should be the same.

The main difference after installation is without a doubt, a noticeable loss in the low end revs. A free or semi flow aftermarket exhaust system helps to reduce the exhaust output resistance and as a result, mid-high revs will be much more shiok, but on low revs, it's sluggish. Add a mid-high cam plus open pod air intake in my setup, i cannot imagine driving without at least a sprint booster to counter the low rev retardation. With the Velocity available now, it should be even less of a problem.

My other concern was also altering the original exhaust note, since i really liked the stock bassy sound of a 3L i6. Was afraid that after changing to after-market exhaust, it may alter the sound. Turned out to be an unnecessary concern, because it sounded close to stock, but with a lot more depth, and the scream after 4000rpm never fails to up a slow day for me. :)

Final tuning of ECU will also help overcome the low end loss.

In summary, no regrets for the change. Should work out for the e90s i6 just the same. Do post some reviews if you do decide to go for the upgrade.

Thanks 878, for a different perspective.

So, the Supersprint offers significant gains in torque/HP at mid to high revs?

878;473539 said:
I'm not an e90 owner, but i drive an i6 e46 330ci. I've been on my cat-back supersprint for coming to a year now, and i think though the 2 engines are different, i think the principle behind should be the same.

The main difference after installation is without a doubt, a noticeable loss in the low end revs. A free or semi flow aftermarket exhaust system helps to reduce the exhaust output resistance and as a result, mid-high revs will be much more shiok, but on low revs, it's sluggish. Add a mid-high cam plus open pod air intake in my setup, i cannot imagine driving without at least a sprint booster to counter the low rev retardation. With the Velocity available now, it should be even less of a problem.

My other concern was also altering the original exhaust note, since i really liked the stock bassy sound of a 3L i6. Was afraid that after changing to after-market exhaust, it may alter the sound. Turned out to be an unnecessary concern, because it sounded close to stock, but with a lot more depth, and the scream after 4000rpm never fails to up a slow day for me. :)

Final tuning of ECU will also help overcome the low end loss.

In summary, no regrets for the change. Should work out for the e90s i6 just the same. Do post some reviews if you do decide to go for the upgrade.

Even though i've not dyno-ed it, butt dyno claims a very obvious increase mid through high revs. And i'm certain the website claims so as well.

dsdfan;473612 said:
Thanks 878, for a different perspective.

So, the Supersprint offers significant gains in torque/HP at mid to high revs?

Thanks 878.

Sounds like Supersprint is still worth considering over an ECU re-map for performance gains.

878;473949 said:
Even though i've not dyno-ed it, butt dyno claims a very obvious increase mid through high revs. And i'm certain the website claims so as well.

Finally got the Supersprint catback system (muffler,mid-pipe/resonator, connecting pipes) .

Thanks to Juzz for Cars & Jeep Chee for fast professional installation.

With help from a BMW Performance intake, the Supersprint opens up the engine from 1800 rpm upwards with a confident surge of fresh power. Engine feels more free & eager, less choked and constrained than stock.

Sound? A deeply confident but non-intrusive growl builds to a ballsy roar as you push the engine. Attitude with subtlety.

Solid construction. The 80mm tips look quite stylish in a discreet way.

post pics pls

wt_know;477519 said:
slater,

MAI TU LIAO !!! kekeke
KNN, STOCK IS BEST!!!

this morning was at ur office B2 wahsing car, had a close look after recent mods, almost cannot recognize car liao. better stop, MTL

Just a couple of cautions.

Compared to stock, you might feel slightly reduced pulling power below 1500 RPM, especially if hauling a full passenger load up a hill. Things pick up at 1500 RPM and the real fun begins from 2000 RPM upwards.

Also, the exhaust sound has a subtle authority, but won't be attention-grabbingly loud enough for some.

dsdfan;477549 said:
Just a couple of cautions.

Compared to stock, you might feel slightly reduced pulling power below 1500 RPM, especially if hauling a full passenger load up a hill. Things pick up at 1500 RPM and the real fun begins from 2000 RPM upwards.

Also, the exhaust sound has a subtle authority, but is not attention-grabbingly loud enough for some

Bro,
Do you know if it comes in quads or not? Thanks.

Calling Khim Hui (WRU)
............................Quad Style .........

vroom vroom
cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fc777comph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back