Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

Re: Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

Thanks Aaron, will have it check...

Re: Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

obiang;990508 said:
Thanks Aaron, will have it check...

so how?
did u check?
problem solved?

Could you also PM me all the details from where to get the sticks until which garage you use. Would be helpful if I know the price too.

Many thanks.

jamesbon72;1003186 said:
Could you also PM me all the details from where to get the sticks until which garage you use. Would be helpful if I know the price too.

Many thanks.

I think I had PM u before.....

Hi Aaron, I didn't get any notification and my inbox is empty. Don't mind copy and paste from other pm you've send to other bros?

jamesbon72;1006132 said:
Hi Aaron, I didn't get any notification and my inbox is empty. Don't mind copy and paste from other pm you've send to other bros?

sure, PM u now

Aaron_BMW;931193 said:
Dear all,

Just for sharing so we can all help each other benefit from this.

Problem:
I had white smoke coming out from my exhaust after idling for a few minutes and the engine consumes the engine oil.
It is estimated that I would need to top up 4L of engine oil monthly.

Solution:
I bought my own Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket from stockies in Kakit Bukit area and brought them to a workshop to change.
Please note that this is NOT considered a top overhaul. This is simply just a replacement of the worn off valve seals which caused the engine oil to leak.

Downtime:
Down time is within the same day, morning 10am till evening 5pm.
I went to cut hair, massage and shop around while waiting.

After the service, car feels more powerful, no more smelly white smoke. I am a happier BMW owner.

Please see attached pics for easy understanding.
IMG_1847.jpg

IMG_1848.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

My engine before opening up.

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

The arrow shows the valve location

IMG_1882.jpg

The arrow shows the tool used to extract the valve

IMG_1883.jpg

PM me if u need to ask me for the stockies or workshop, it’s easier for me to reply.
Cheers~!

Bro can pm me the stockist and WS? Thks.

hey bro,

can PM me the details?

thanks

Hi Aaron,

Do pm me the details as well. Thanks.
Need to know the labour & material cost, workshop & repair timeframe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Aaron,

Please kindly pm me the details (parts/labour cost and etc). Thanks.

Aaron_BMW;931193 said:
Dear all,

Just for sharing so we can all help each other benefit from this.

Problem:
I had white smoke coming out from my exhaust after idling for a few minutes and the engine consumes the engine oil.
It is estimated that I would need to top up 4L of engine oil monthly.

Solution:
I bought my own Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket from stockies in Kakit Bukit area and brought them to a workshop to change.
Please note that this is NOT considered a top overhaul. This is simply just a replacement of the worn off valve seals which caused the engine oil to leak.

Downtime:
Down time is within the same day, morning 10am till evening 5pm.
I went to cut hair, massage and shop around while waiting.

After the service, car feels more powerful, no more smelly white smoke. I am a happier BMW owner.

Please see attached pics for easy understanding.
IMG_1847.jpg

IMG_1848.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

My engine before opening up.

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

The arrow shows the valve location

IMG_1882.jpg

The arrow shows the tool used to extract the valve

IMG_1883.jpg

PM me if u need to ask me for the stockies or workshop, it’s easier for me to reply.
Cheers~!

Hi Bro,

Pls PM me the stockist contact and the WS no.

Thanks

please hang on, there are too many to reply.
sorry for the delay

cancerian26;1012720 said:
Bro can pm me the stockist and WS? Thks.

ok, I PM u already, next....

kingho;1012838 said:
hey bro,

can PM me the details?

thanks

ok, already PM u........

vincecmk;1012948 said:
Hi Aaron,

Do pm me the details as well. Thanks.
Need to know the labour & material cost, workshop & repair timeframe.

PM u already ....................

BMW;1013389 said:
Hi Aaron,

Please kindly pm me the details (parts/labour cost and etc). Thanks.

ok, PM u already..................

Bro pls PM me both the cost of labour n parts.

Thank you.

Bro Aaron, can u pm me both the cost of labour and parts as well.thanks alot

Zincman;1017981 said:
Bro Aaron, can u pm me both the cost of labour and parts as well.thanks alot

I PM u already.
Same Stockies and workshop

Ma320i;1017939 said:
Bro pls PM me both the cost of labour n parts.

Thank you.

Ok. I PM u now

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8kbetrip

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups