Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

Re: Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

silverlight;1062191 said:
Thanks bro, I just bought the seals and gasket this morning. Hoping to get it done by Monday.

Good luck bro.
Everything should be fine

Re: Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

googootime;1062177 said:
Hi bro aaron, can pm me the info too?gg to find ome day before cny to dreplace the parts. Happy New Year!

Ok, PM u now, u better do fast for they stop work for CNY

Aaron_BMW;1062229 said:
Yes, I think so too.
Ha ha

Just change the following:
Alternator belt
Water pump
Coolant
Brake hoses
Spark plugs

The rest change upon damage or needed to replace.

Compare the price differences with PML and a few outside workshops and decide which one u prefer

Thanks. Good to know. Looks like I need to break a bank to get ready for the major service ;)

Hi Aaron, don't mind can you msg the address for the JB workshop. Thks btw how much are the cost for the valve n seal? Thks

auhsojtree;1062326 said:
Hi Aaron, don't mind can you msg the address for the JB workshop. Thks btw how much are the cost for the valve n seal? Thks

Ok, PM u now....

Spent yesterday at ws.....reached there at 11am, was done by 8.30pm. As previously mentioned, I was losing engine oil at an alarming rate....once I reached the ws, Francis diagnosed that my valve seal was indeed leaking and the eo sensor was also gone.....the engine works was done by 4pm.

I've also got a 'drumming' noise as I turn the steering wheel.....Francis proceeded to order the shocks mounting to replace the torn front shocks mounting.....parts only came at 6pm....took them another two hours plus to complete the replacement.

Very happy with the service and reasonable labour charges. Thanks again bro Aaron for the recommendation. Monitoring my eo levels, hopefully my case of the disappearing eo is over.

Just to share here on my experience with losing engine oil. Switched to LL01 servicing during the previous 2 rounds and car was still losing 1 litre every 3,000 km. Undeterred and continue with using LL01, I changed my driving pattern to fight this problem. Amazingly, I have not experienced a drop in my indicator for 1,200 km since last serviced. The trick was to leave the engine idles for about 2 min for every cold start. I am also using the same trick start but didn't do so when in a rush. It might worth a try to warm up engine and oil so that components in the combustion chamber are bedded in properly before driving off.

silverlight;1062769 said:
Spent yesterday at ws.....reached there at 11am, was done by 8.30pm. As previously mentioned, I was losing engine oil at an alarming rate....once I reached the ws, Francis diagnosed that my valve seal was indeed leaking and the eo sensor was also gone.....the engine works was done by 4pm.

I've also got a 'drumming' noise as I turn the steering wheel.....Francis proceeded to order the shocks mounting to replace the torn front shocks mounting.....parts only came at 6pm....took them another two hours plus to complete the replacement.

Very happy with the service and reasonable labour charges. Thanks again bro Aaron for the recommendation. Monitoring my eo levels, hopefully my case of the disappearing eo is over.

No problem,
Ur car should work fine now.
I did mine at 170K KM mileage and now is still working fine at 225K KM mileage

tonykart;1063074 said:
Just to share here on my experience with losing engine oil. Switched to LL01 servicing during the previous 2 rounds and car was still losing 1 litre every 3,000 km. Undeterred and continue with using LL01, I changed my driving pattern to fight this problem. Amazingly, I have not experienced a drop in my indicator for 1,200 km since last serviced. The trick was to leave the engine idles for about 2 min for every cold start. I am also using the same trick start but didn't do so when in a rush. It might worth a try to warm up engine and oil so that components in the combustion chamber are bedded in properly before driving off.

Sounds like a good advise.
What is LL01 anyway?

Aaron_BMW;1063286 said:
Sounds like a good advise.
What is LL01 anyway?

Its BMW grade for engine oil, LL for LongLife with number denotes the year of standard. Have it googled.

Thanks canuck78. This seems to be the culprit of all my problems. Hopefully after changed could solve all the problems.

canuck78;1063935 said:
The circled part is one of your 6 cylinders. The 2 black and 2 not so black are your intake and exhaust valves.

Wow bro, what happen to your ride? R u doing engine overhaul?

jamesbon72;1063938 said:
Thanks canuck78. This seems to be the culprit of all my problems. Hopefully after changed could solve all the problems.

You are in good hands w Francis and his team.

Did my valve seals, piston rings, conrod bearings, and desludging with him in late 2012, car is purring still now.

canuck78;1063959 said:
You are in good hands w Francis and his team.

Did my valve seals, piston rings, conrod bearings, and desludging with him in late 2012, car is purring still now.

Bro.what is the damage and downtime how long to do overhaul engine

Zincman;1063966 said:
Bro.what is the damage and downtime how long to do overhaul engine

A little more than a week downtime as I told them not to rush

Mine was 320i so 4 cyl, all in cost well under 3k SGD but that was in late 2012.

Parts all supplied by Francis, you can save more if you BYO parts.

I'm doing top side overhaul and the cylinder change. Also going to take a week. Hopefully solve all outstanding issues. *finger cross. :D

jamesbon72;1063996 said:
I'm doing top side overhaul and the cylinder change. Also going to take a week. Hopefully solve all outstanding issues. *finger cross. :D

Bro, maybe can u share why u need to do topside overhaul and cylinder change

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j88comlimited

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back