Wakeboarding

Re: Wakeboarding

Haze,

could you confirm by later today if you can make it for the wakeboarding session this saturday cuz I need to get enough people... Thanks!

Anyway, it's gonna be absolutely fun!

you are not alone Haze, i cannot wake board too......my first time some more.........too

fiercepink;253079 said:
Haze,

could you confirm by later today if you can make it for the wakeboarding session this saturday cuz I need to get enough people... Thanks!

Anyway, it's gonna be absolutely fun!
I will go for it... Definitely... so its at 3pm right??? what if I am slightly late???
como;253081 said:
you are not alone Haze, i cannot wake board too......my first time some more.........too
Ha... well... den we'll juz die together lor...

Haze;253084 said:
I will go for it... Definitely... so its at 3pm right??? what if I am slightly late???

it is at 4pm to 7pm......

touch wood...hor.....OLL also first time......i think.........sure damn funi......

Haze;253084 said:

it is at 4pm to 7pm.....Jas tio boh?

no worries guys... getting up is not difficult at all.. i am non swimmer also can get up during my first session... but u need a bit of stamina there to stay on the water... usually i will let go after 1 or 2 mins i think.. of cos regulars can hold longer.. but for beginner.. its tiring man... espeically after a few hard falls... but it was great fun la.. just be careful ya..ur life is in ur hand not others.. I was told not to worry.. i will be safe with the instructor.. but when i was in the water struggling to breathe..i told myself.. i only have myself.. many things can happen unexpectedly.... :)

fiercepink;252862 said:
We go by per ride so if you take two rides then it's about 70+. It is 100+ an hour if you book by hours but this guy I always go out with that's the price I've been paying... I'm not absolutely sure about the pricing to be frank...

Anyway safety issues, there's life vest and I can't swim very well. Won't die one lah unless you try funny stunts... I stick to, slowly learn how to stand up properly first hahahah

I agree with babe posts requesting for the estimated prices to be published, IMHO, I think it is better to have a clearer picture of the price first so there won't be any dispute later.

From your postings, you are trying to recruit a lot of people to join this event, but to my understanding, there is a limitation of riders per boat and prices varies with different boat used.

During my experience in puggol, prices are normally fixed at $$XXX / hr ...and the instructor have to be informed first on the no. of riders so he could decide on which boat to take out. (THIS IS SAFETY PRECAUTION on overloading)

From there, it is not based on how many rides you do, but on how many hours used and then divided equally by the no. of riders.

New riders will tend to take more time as they are learning how to ride or even stand on the boards. And for a experience rider, I can assure you he will take more than 15 - 20 mins per ride so how will you qualify "costs per ride".

Yes, life vests are provided but what babe is trying to say is that you need to flip yourself in the water WITH THE BOARDS secured to your leg which can be a hassle for some ladies. Thus, there is a reason why she is emphising on SAFETY MEASURES and the neccessary precautions to be taken.

As a organiser, you should have a certain sense of responsibility to assist and ensure that certain precautions are taken during the event making sure all participants, new or experience, are well prepared and they will feel secured to join this event.

Your comments "won't die one lah" really goes well with your nick, fiercepink.

ENJOY your rides yah.......play safe....

PS... Bro OLL, you will love it..... and I bet you will be on your feet in your first ride...

OK guys, i've checked with friends who went out with me last time. It's S$45 per ride. Let me know if this is not alright with you guys. I've always paid by per ride so if you're uncomfortable with that, let me know. I'll see what arrangements I can make.

Yes 4-7pm and hopefully we could meet there at about 3.45pm.

How big is the wake on Alan's boat? I'm quite wary of big wake boats as I've sustained a couple of knee injuries from jumping on big wake boats in the past.

I think the rates are slightly lower on weekdays though, about 5 or 10 dollars lower, depending on the shops, plus it's definitely much less crowded on weekdays.

Sareve;253226 said:
How big is the wake on Alan's boat? I'm quite wary of big wake boats as I've sustained a couple of knee injuries from jumping on big wake boats in the past.

This was my point, big boats means many people, means bigger wakes, means harder to ride for beginners

Hmm... still deciding if I should come along
only if you guys/gals able to look beyond my untannedskinny frame and THE famed legs

hahaha.......

One of the few boats in Singapore to churn big wake is Terry's. Alan's one is not big and good for beginners because I'm a beginner myself.

DP, you can come along. Dark skin is not a prerequisite.

33;253108 said:
I agree with babe posts requesting for the estimated prices to be published, IMHO, I think it is better to have a clearer picture of the price first so there won't be any dispute later.

From your postings, you are trying to recruit a lot of people to join this event, but to my understanding, there is a limitation of riders per boat and prices varies with different boat used.

During my experience in puggol, prices are normally fixed at $$XXX / hr ...and the instructor have to be informed first on the no. of riders so he could decide on which boat to take out. (THIS IS SAFETY PRECAUTION on overloading)

From there, it is not based on how many rides you do, but on how many hours used and then divided equally by the no. of riders.

New riders will tend to take more time as they are learning how to ride or even stand on the boards. And for a experience rider, I can assure you he will take more than 15 - 20 mins per ride so how will you qualify "costs per ride".

Yes, life vests are provided but what babe is trying to say is that you need to flip yourself in the water WITH THE BOARDS secured to your leg which can be a hassle for some ladies. Thus, there is a reason why she is emphising on SAFETY MEASURES and the neccessary precautions to be taken.

As a organiser, you should have a certain sense of responsibility to assist and ensure that certain precautions are taken during the event making sure all participants, new or experience, are well prepared and they will feel secured to join this event.

Your comments "won't die one lah" really goes well with your nick, fiercepink.

ENJOY your rides yah.......play safe....

PS... Bro OLL, you will love it..... and I bet you will be on your feet in your first ride...

alex,

relax. i think those who are going all met before. I am sure FP also do not know the final pricing yet until the num of participants is confirmed.

Give her credits for organising this event.

thanks FP for the effort!

I can only confirm for S$45 per ride. Anything above that, I'll cover for it. Next time I'll try to get a price chart.

that is unfair to u. why dun u simply just disclose the price of the boat and coach. then end of day, multiple by the num of hours and divide by the wakeboarder.

very transparent. nothing to hide.

just lost resepct for FP

Dun be a wussy.

whatever the cost, just share, this stuff aint for freeloaders, i am sure everyone wont care an extra few bucks

We have tried number of wakeboarders and it's unfair cuz some people go for second rides and we try to fit in rides depending on time. The average ride time is about the same just a couple of minute difference. Most people go out 20-30 mins per ride. It's a common understanding for the shop itself that we just go in to pay for per ride. We're not bugged by the little differences. And sometimes we don't even know we're going out on bigger boats then we end up paying more but that's also fine cuz the price is not ridiculous. It is not that I don't wanna disclose but that's how I usually pay and so goes for the rest of my friends.

Launch2000 is a good school and i'm not trying to cheat anyone's money. I'm just trying to put out as much info as I can. I thought I'd just organise a small one just for the fun out of it cuz it's not alot of money involved but I didn't know I have to be this detailed. Next time I will take note and hunt for all the info before organising an event. If you guys don't feel comfortable with the arrangements this time, we can reschedule it until I can get all the info needed.

Launch 2002 Wakeboard School - WF-Channel

Cheers,

Hi jas

yes.. hitmee and phil are right.. just share among all.. they want to go then go.. don't want to go then don't go.. guys/gals... please don't make organiser's life so difficult and give opening answer... jas.. u might want to check whether u can change to shorter time if not too many ppl.. i believe you can do 2 hrs instead if you have 3 or less ppl.. i seriously don't know how the charges being calculated based on ride.. cos definitely there is difference between beginner and experienced riders as what alex mentioned.. anyway.. up to u ya since you are the organiser.. as long as those under the namelist are comfortable with it.. :)

Alan is very flexible. If we wanna do shorter time, he's fine with it. Liek I say, it's by rides so as long as we're tired and don't wanna ride anymore, we can just head back and not pay for the extra time.

end of day...take the bill divide by the num of ppl.

anyone not happy go look for phil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okebet168net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back