Which engine oil do you prefer

Re: Which engine oil do you prefer

Using Petronas Syntium, good oil and worth the money. Got BMW approvals. Did my oil change at Kian Teong Auto in Sin Ming. Look for Mike.

Thought of trying 5w30 for my next service..325i here..."slow driver here & oil change every 6k"

Any bros on it and any comments?

Thanks in advance....

I've been using LiquiMoly for years. Tried Castrol, Mobil, Valvoline and of course the expensive BMW one. Everytime I did an oil change, it always seemed like LiquiMoly came out better. I called LiquiMoly and they were actually very informative. They have their motor flush and motor protect which are very good for you car.

But check this out, I had an E36 M3 sitting in my garage for 2 years without being started. Before I cranked the engine, I put a few drops of LiquiMoly Leichtlauf High Tech 5 W-40 in each of the cylinders and the car started right back up like I had only used it the day before. Amazing!

I'd stick with Liqui Moly all the way.

Martin.

for spirited drive in sg and cheong NSH ... LQ 0W-40 or 5W-40 gives better result or no diff since same viscosity 40?

epcp_0811_04_z+OEM_approved_oils+Liqui_Moly.jpg

inyafase;667470 said:
I've been using LiquiMoly for years. Tried Castrol, Mobil, Valvoline and of course the expensive BMW one. Everytime I did an oil change, it always seemed like LiquiMoly came out better. I called LiquiMoly and they were actually very informative. They have their motor flush and motor protect which are very good for you car.

But check this out, I had an E36 M3 sitting in my garage for 2 years without being started. Before I cranked the engine, I put a few drops of LiquiMoly Leichtlauf High Tech 5 W-40 in each of the cylinders and the car started right back up like I had only used it the day before. Amazing!

I'd stick with Liqui Moly all the way.

Martin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Here in Singapore where we don't really get cold weather, it would be pointless to go with a 0W-40. 0W-40 compared with 5W-40 means that the former holds it's viscosity at lower temperatures better. Lower temp here meaning like 0 degrees celsius NOT 20 degrees celsius.

So unless you're thinking of driving your car all the way up to the mountains of China or the Himalayas, I doubt you're going to see any benefit of using 0W-40 over 5W-40 here in Singapore.

I would also just go with whichever is cheaper. 0W-40 might mean that they had to go through the extra work to make it maintain it's viscosity at a lower temp.

Which sponsor workshop allow to bring own oil and pay for labour only?
My prefer oil is Amsoil but seems like they all don't carried.

TohTo;667981 said:

No clue. What a novel idea that would be though. It's not as if an oil change requires any talent to begin with anyway.

Not sure where to get Amsoil. But if you're interested in LiquiMoly, I could probably hook you up. Let me know if you're interested. I might try to see if others are interested, which will allow me to do a group buy from the agent.

Martin.

After reading 9 pages of this thread I still cannot come to a conclusion of what oil to use. Then my sister overheard me saying what oil to use then she said "Vegetable oil lah" LoL

Used Mobil1 0W-40 on both my old E90 320i and current Volvo V50, no problems. I'll stick to it.

Anyway, as long as your engine is well protected, stick to the brand you've been using. 'll stick with a more reputable brand. It's an engine oil.. to protect and lubricate your engine. I wouldn't screw around with that!

:shakemyb:
inyafase;667727 said:
Here in Singapore where we don't really get cold weather, it would be pointless to go with a 0W-40. 0W-40 compared with 5W-40 means that the former holds it's viscosity at lower temperatures better. Lower temp here meaning like 0 degrees celsius NOT 20 degrees celsius.

So unless you're thinking of driving your car all the way up to the mountains of China or the Himalayas, I doubt you're going to see any benefit of using 0W-40 over 5W-40 here in Singapore.

I would also just go with whichever is cheaper. 0W-40 might mean that they had to go through the extra work to make it maintain it's viscosity at a lower temp.

just to share...last week i switched from 0w40 to 5w40 thinking that it is the former that cause me to top up every 3 months. but now i feel that the car is sluggish...:( feel like ditching it and change back to 0w40...what do you guys think?

TohTo;667981 said:

Most do... just give them a call before heading down

Anyone used OWS NA Racing? One of the site sponsor workshop said it is too thin for my E90 320i.
How is this oil? Will your engine consume a lot this oil ?

beemer322;669416 said:
:shakemyb:

just to share...last week i switched from 0w40 to 5w40 thinking that it is the former that cause me to top up every 3 months. but now i feel that the car is sluggish...:( feel like ditching it and change back to 0w40...what do you guys think?

Same brand and all that I assume? I've used Castrol 5W30 from three different lines that they have, and they all seem a little different.

Just switch back to what you're used to, and see if the car is still sluggish. Most of the time, and I'm not sayying that is the case with you, it's all in the mind.

Also, if you're thinking about it, I would try an engine oil flush. Worked wonders for me. Used it on an E36 M3 a few months ago.

Furthermore, I would also use Liquimoly's Cera Tec. It's amazing stuff. See what a fellow BMW-SG member wrote about it,
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-singapore-motoring-life/34051-review-liqui-moly-oil-post-track.html

Any bros using Redline oil? Any feedback.
I had been a supporter for Redline oil on my Nippon car, the engine is very smooth when using RedLine.
But in this forum seem like no one using Redline for their Bimmer.
Not sure should I use it on my E90 320i.

even though PML uses w30 motor oil for servicing, i find no difference in using fully synthetic w40 oil, as long as we service regularly every 8-10k. even cheap brands like Carlube are okay to me. Your opinion guys ? can save lots, especially if u using many many liters

Azarael;675585 said:
even though PML uses w30 motor oil for servicing, i find no difference in using fully synthetic w40 oil, as long as we service regularly every 8-10k. even cheap brands like Carlube are okay to me. Your opinion guys ? can save lots, especially if u using many many liters

Its the content inside the engine oil that matters rather than their weights..

My nee jiam ~ :eek:

Cheers ~~

have tried castrol, mobil 1, voltronic, liqui moly
since i change oil every 10k, i do not feel much difference what oil to use
regular change is good for the engine

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868app