Worth buying new F10 523 from PI?

Re: Worth buying new F10 523 from PI?

will nice if you can get a big screen.
7 inch looks to small for such a big car.

but why is it that PIs mostly take in 7 inch LCD instead.

compatibility issues?

Rocky99;650339 said:

compatibility issues?

Dun think its PIs only... My F10 523i from PML also 7"... Pui :furious: dunno can see what...

Rocky99;650339 said:

compatibility issues?

my friend in PI told me its not becos of compatibility.. it's cost issues.. bigger screen bigger cost..

Centurion9990;650349 said:
Dun think its PIs only... My F10 523i from PML also 7"... Pui :furious: dunno can see what...

ya..

I'm due to collect my 528i from a PI tomorrow. The screen is really kind of a big turn off. I've been thinking of watching DVD in my car, but the screen really does leave some doubts on what I can see...or can't see....

:(

chrisknv;650748 said:
The 523 highline got bigger screen..think 10"..

Yup. That was a major consideration when I visited PML prior to booking my car from the PI. The 523 highline has a bigger screen due to the Sat Nav function. So can split screen. Damn cool. haha....

Slayermarc;650595 said:
ya..

I'm due to collect my 528i from a PI tomorrow. The screen is really kind of a big turn off. I've been thinking of watching DVD in my car, but the screen really does leave some doubts on what I can see...or can't see....

Smaller screen still nmind, you better check your player is for DVD or not... Just realised mine is not even DVD lor... In US and Europe I think all comes with DVD player as basic... Knn we paid so much more yet lower grade option... :mad:

Centurion9990;650879 said:
Smaller screen still nmind, you better check your player is for DVD or not... Just realised mine is not even DVD lor... In US and Europe I think all comes with DVD player as basic... Knn we paid so much more yet lower grade option... :mad:

That was also something I kept asking the SE at PML. Turns out they say it's an option to add on.

But I was very happy when I saw that the UK Spec unit from my PI had a 6 disc DVD changer. Then I started to complain about the small screen. haha...nothing is perfect i guess. unless willing to indent a full option car and wait 6 months for them to build and ship over.

:thinking::thinking:

Even with a DVD player, you can't watch movies with the iDrive... and even if you opt it in, you can only watch it when the car's stationary.

I installed a TV tuner in my previous ride but after the 1st 2 weeks, got bored and didn't turn it on unless I was showing it to somebody.....

The 7" screen is cause there's no GPS... but the resolution is much better than that found in the C/E/S-Class.

The 10" screen is really gorgeous.... with the maps in 3D.....I believe this is the biggest screen available from any manufacturer..... but its a cost option.....

Slayermarc;650882 said:
That was also something I kept asking the SE at PML. Turns out they say it's an option to add on.

But I was very happy when I saw that the UK Spec unit from my PI had a 6 disc DVD changer. Then I started to complain about the small screen. haha...nothing is perfect i guess. unless willing to indent a full option car and wait 6 months for them to build and ship over.

:thinking::thinking:

Good for you to have the DVD Changer :woottt: Actually I thought of changing the monitor to 10"... Checked Tischer BMW it cost USD$1,863.58(abt SGD$2.3k) for the parts... Then again not sure need coding or not :(

TheNew7;650941 said:
Even with a DVD player, you can't watch movies with the iDrive... and even if you opt it in, you can only watch it when the car's stationary.

I installed a TV tuner in my previous ride but after the 1st 2 weeks, got bored and didn't turn it on unless I was showing it to somebody.....

DVDinMotion is the answer :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBA1-HJZA18"]YouTube - ‪eas | DVDinMotion Coding Demo - 2011 BMW F10 535i‬‏[/ame]

Centurion9990;650963 said:
Good for you to have the DVD Changer :woottt: Actually I thought of changing the monitor to 10"... Checked Tischer BMW it cost USD$1,863.58(abt SGD$2.3k) for the parts... Then again not sure need coding or not :(

DVDinMotion is the answer :)

YouTube - ‪eas | DVDinMotion Coding Demo - 2011 BMW F10 535i‬‏

Oops. Didnt think of the coding. haha...can't imagine having the player but can't play cos of Region Code difference. haha...

Collecting my car in one hour's time. Then will drive home to get a DVD and test out. But I think can only watch when stationary. Sian. Any shops can fix this?

:(:(

Slayermarc;651295 said:
Oops. Didnt think of the coding. haha...can't imagine having the player but can't play cos of Region Code difference. haha...

Collecting my car in one hour's time. Then will drive home to get a DVD and test out. But I think can only watch when stationary. Sian. Any shops can fix this?

:(:(

Happy for u! :cloud9: I think soundwerk does have the bypass kit for DVD, not sure for F10 or not... Dun think its the same like DVDinMotion thou... Do research and look around...

Been visiting few PI, still have not seen any PI that brings in 10" screen even though it's the highline version..

Other than that, nothing much to complain about already.. 7" is really turn off. :(

TheNew7;650941 said:

Oh man!!!

I tried to play my DVDs but just can't get it to work!

1) Put in Original Lord of the Rings DVD....read as "Unknown"

2) Put in pirated DVD.....Read the audio tracks and started playing the audio of the movie....WITHOUT the picture!!!! OMG!!!! WTH!!!!!

It's time to make a trip to Soundwerkz!

jamesong;651561 said:
Will be collecting my new F10 tml 11am from PI

Hey bro!

Should have collected your ride by now? Congratulations man!

I can fully understand how happy you will be....I was so happy just to drive my car out of the dealer yesterday!

:goodup::goodup:

I am going to order my F10 from Pi tomorrow.

WHat are the procedures to look-out for ?

10k downpayment/ booking fee?

WIll they give me a note to explain my F10 OMV?

Slayermarc;651745 said:
Oh man!!!

I tried to play my DVDs but just can't get it to work!

1) Put in Original Lord of the Rings DVD....read as "Unknown"

2) Put in pirated DVD.....Read the audio tracks and started playing the audio of the movie....WITHOUT the picture!!!! OMG!!!! WTH!!!!!

It's time to make a trip to Soundwerkz!

Same like mine :mad:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zomclub1

Latest posts