All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

E89 Z4 iS

What does the "S" version of the Z4 has over the normal Z4, other than those AUDI coloured wing mirrors and 340bhp?

Re: All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

What does the "S" version of the Z4 has over the normal Z4, other than those AUDI coloured wing mirrors and 340bhp?

Understand that there is also the added bodykit - front, side and rear (although it is rather subtle). In the cabin, you get inserts, door trims, etc. cosmetics mostly. Engine tuned. Increase torque and BHP...but honestly you can get this from Juicebox chip-up too. Ah yes..bigger rims 19" ones. Of course you get a bigger price tag too!

Solidgold;565425 said:
Understand that there is also the added bodykit - front, side and rear (although it is rather subtle). In the cabin, you get inserts, door trims, etc. cosmetics mostly. Engine tuned. Increase torque and BHP...but honestly you can get this from Juicebox chip-up too. Ah yes..bigger rims 19" ones. Of course you get a bigger price tag too!

Indeed, but S35is is using N55 with single Turbo......( i think)

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

hi z4 lao jiaos,

got my e85 a week ago. have some noob questions...

1. open the hatch need to press and hold the button instead of a single press?
2. my car keys do not have the hatch open button, able to add it in?
3. where do you guys go for servicing? I am intending to do a major service in dec.
4. my side mirrors dont close up after i lock the car, able to customise it in?
5. any recommended upgrades?

Hi daemonte,

1. open the hatch need to press and hold the button instead of a single press? - yes, unless you install smart top....
2. my car keys do not have the hatch open button, able to add it in? - might not be able to as this is factory fitted (i supposed)
3. where do you guys go for servicing? I am intending to do a major service in dec. - either BVO, BOSS or J4C (you may check the workshop list here)
4. my side mirrors dont close up after i lock the car, able to customise it in? - should be able to do it just purchase side mirror that can fold plus must buy the module (is this function important to you??)
5. any recommended upgrades? - sure, tons of mods

by the way Congrats and welcome in.....
Which year is your ride? 2.5L or 3.0L

cheers

[/QUOTE]

daemonteo;566029 said:
hi z4 lao jiaos,

got my e85 a week ago. have some noob questions...

1. open the hatch need to press and hold the button instead of a single press?
2. my car keys do not have the hatch open button, able to add it in?
3. where do you guys go for servicing? I am intending to do a major service in dec.
4. my side mirrors dont close up after i lock the car, able to customise it in?
5. any recommended upgrades?

ac323;566031 said:
Hi daemonte,

1. open the hatch need to press and hold the button instead of a single press? - yes, unless you install smart top....
2. my car keys do not have the hatch open button, able to add it in? - might not be able to as this is factory fitted (i supposed)
3. where do you guys go for servicing? I am intending to do a major service in dec. - either BVO, BOSS or J4C (you may check the workshop list here)
4. my side mirrors dont close up after i lock the car, able to customise it in? - should be able to do it just purchase side mirror that can fold plus must buy the module (is this function important to you??)
5. any recommended upgrades? - sure, tons of mods

by the way Congrats and welcome in.....
Which year is your ride? 2.5L or 3.0L

cheers
[/QUOTE]

mine is a 2007 2.5L PI. Hehe. So for starters, what are the top 3 mods you guys go for? As for the smart top, how expensive is it to install? :thinking:

Last edited by a moderator:

mine is a 2007 2.5L PI. Hehe. So for starters, what are the top 3 mods you guys go for? As for the smart top, how expensive is it to install? :thinking:[/QUOTE]

Mod wise it depends on your budget and whether it is interior or exterior or the engine & handling area.

smart top me not too sure maybe you can check with BVO / J4C or Boss (click on the workshops & help section for their contact)

Top 3 mods??? Rims, Nology Spark Plugs and K&N Drop-in air-filter

other mods: Coilover, Big Break Kit, ECU tuning, Sway-bar......alot

happy modding
cheers

Oh mine. I guess I've still got lots to learn man. Any z4 meetups? Would be cool to see your rides live.

daemonteo;566132 said:
Oh mine. I guess I've still got lots to learn man. Any z4 meetups? Would be cool to see your rides live.

sure, PM me your number......................
do join in our topless night drive if time permits ya...

cheers

oo so many mods man. I wonder, whats the max bhp and torque the 2.5l NA can hit. 250 bhp possible?

I thot S35iS Z4 is using the N54 ? Its the non-S that is using N55 right ?

Ahbengdriver;566204 said:
I thot S35iS Z4 is using the N54 ? Its the non-S that is using N55 right ?

abit confused as i thought 335i and s35i is sharing the same engine N54 TT....

but recently i read s35is is also N54 TT............but with 340hp instead of 306hp....

cheers

RaidenGear;566195 said:
oo so many mods man. I wonder, whats the max bhp and torque the 2.5l NA can hit. 250 bhp possible?

250hp should be tough...............unless upgrade the header, down-pipe plus exhaust then do an ECU tune hope can get 240hp....better do before and after dyno....

cheers

ac323;566135 said:
sure, PM me your number......................
do join in our topless night drive if time permits ya...

cheers

Hey bro if have any meet up I would like to join in.

bigfatlamer;566336 said:
Hey bro if have any meet up I would like to join in.

no problem....

did you zoom pass West Coast Highway earlier???
PM me your number ya.......

cheers

ndeed, but S35is is using N55 with single Turbo...

There are many articles out there that pointed out the N55 engine being use on
the F10, the new E70 and E71. There is no intention at the moment to have it on
the Z platform. The S35is version was out way before the first F10 was commercially
made available. Understand that S35is was launched for those itching for a ZedM.
Unfortunately, that's not going to happen and thus the S35is is really a tuned-up S35i
with an N54 inside. The BMW statement is "N55 will give you same power with the single
scroll turbo but better fuel efficiency and a smoother ride".
Well, the N54 doesn't win engine of the year (for so many consecutive years) for nothing.
I am sure the low end rev performance (though more raw) will give it an edge off the lights.
It may be slightly more jerky, edgy ..but we all bought the roadster not because it is the
quietest and smoothest of the lot right?

Solidgold;566380 said:
There are many articles out there that pointed out the N55 engine being use on
the F10, the new E70 and E71. There is no intention at the moment to have it on
the Z platform. The S35is version was out way before the first F10 was commercially
made available. Understand that S35is was launched for those itching for a ZedM.
Unfortunately, that's not going to happen and thus the S35is is really a tuned-up S35i
with an N54 inside. The BMW statement is "N55 will give you same power with the single
scroll turbo but better fuel efficiency and a smoother ride".
Well, the N54 doesn't win engine of the year (for so many consecutive years) for nothing.
I am sure the low end rev performance (though more raw) will give it an edge off the lights.
It may be slightly more jerky, edgy ..but we all bought the roadster not because it is the
quietest and smoothest of the lot right?

thank for the info ya........

cheers

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
18winink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back