Annoucement by Ray S on Breyton Rims

Re: Annoucement by Ray S on Breyton Rims

Racebred;510127 said:
my understanding is that one (or a few) of the china employees in the china factory dishonostly took the factory rejects out to sell. So this is an internal company matter that they will deal with. I was with a friend to buy some breyton rims from ray s also, so i spoke ray s and understood a little back story, and a friend spoke to YHI who confirmed the incident. As a result, the original breyton rims that ray S is selling is marked down considerably to counter the factory reject pricings. This in my opinion represents tremendous value for anyone who wants to consider authentic breyton rims.

Raymond (who's been supplying my rims and tyres the last 18 years) told me this as well and said that Edmund Breyton has insisted that prices be reduced as a result of this situation in SG.

Raymond is rather apologetic as the new selling price (as set by Edmund Breyton) is much lower than previously. Unfortunately, I am one of those guys who got my 20" Race GTS one year ago from Raymond.

If anyone is looking to getting Race GTS, suggest you buy it now as prices have never been this good.

Recommend you buy the original certified stuff from Rays. Rims and tyres are the only things between you and the road.

Racebred said:
...... the original breyton rims that ray S is selling is marked down considerably to counter the factory reject pricings.
Jiunn Siong said:
Raymond (who's been supplying my rims and tyres the last 18 years) told me this as well and said that Edmund Breyton has insisted that prices be reduced as a result of this situation in SG.
Frankly, why would Breyton be shaving their margins to fight "failed-QC-exports" instead of clarifying the entire incident and rapping the leak? All it needs to do is to announce in media of risks of replica wheels and the list of authorised dealers.

Does not make a lot of business sense to me pursuing this route.

i do agreed that he has no valid reason for reducing the $ like this if he is very sure others source are inferior one.
talking about tyre does is also come with certificate too? to ensure those tyre sold are best suitable for our climate and road condition use?
A good business practice and Ethic is to ensure his customers received the Genuine quality product with professional quality service and aftersales service.
Not just simply dont care after the sales is done

kenntona;511869 said:
Frankly, why would Breyton be shaving their margins to fight "failed-QC-exports" instead of clarifying the entire incident and rapping the leak? All it needs to do is to announce in media of risks of replica wheels and the list of authorised dealers.

Does not make a lot of business sense to me pursuing this route.

Ya.. So is very simple! Meaning he has been enjoying high profit margin all
these years lor. Btw if LS carrying fake or rejects.. Why wouldn't Edmund brayton
do anything?As it would damage it reputation right?? The brayton LS is carrying look exactly the same as Ray!

Is it just me or is the story not consistent? The first post clearly states that only those made in Germany are the original ones...but in later posts, there are originals manufactured in China also...so which is it?

DId Edmund Breyton really take a 13 hour flight here to conduct an investigation???

Then the 19" Race GTS i bought from Ray S which is made in china is Fake?:thinking:

he just gave me a receipt for the rims & tyres,there's no cert or whatever as mentioned by you guys here!:errrrrrr:

roberttan;512022 said:
just let Mr Edmund knows about this forum.
u mean u got in touch with him to check our forum out. out of curiosity how do u know him?

E92C;517578 said:
Then the 19" Race GTS i bought from Ray S which is made in china is Fake?:thinking:

he just gave me a receipt for the rims & tyres,there's no cert or whatever as mentioned by you guys here!:errrrrrr:
going in circles and the story doesnt seem to link.

E92C;517578 said:

I was at Ray's on Saturday and the certs are still on their way here so he will give you the certs upon arrival.

The original Race GTS are made in China based on what I've seen i.e. photos of the hundreds of original boxes of GTS rims in the China factory with Raymond, Edmund and the China factory owner.

Re: Announcement by Ray S on Breyton Rims

UPDATE 10 FEB 2010:

Raymond just called me to collect my warranty/guarantee card on my Race GTS rims.

He also said to pass the word to all others out there to collect their cards from him now. They came in yesterday.

Re: Announcement by Ray S on Breyton Rims

Jiunn Siong;517712 said:
UPDATE 10 FEB 2010:

Raymond just called me to collect my warranty/guarantee card on my Race GTS rims.

He also said to pass the word to all others out there to collect their cards from him now. They came in yesterday.

Bro,

Thanks for the update..will dropby to collect the card soon!8)

Sorry, cannot figure this out, hence I must ask - why are the certs/warranty cards printed and issued separately from the wheels?

kenntona;518110 said:
Sorry, cannot figure this out, hence I must ask - why are the certs/warranty cards printed and issued separately from the wheels?

ha ha... exactly.
i call BS on Rays.

There is apparently a photo to show him, the china boss and the ang mo boss.
ok, so they met.

everything else is hearsay, until and unless an official statement is made.

Last edited by a moderator:

breyton rims is uglee...

kenntona;518110 said:

Kenneth

Apparently the certs/cards is only for Singapore and it was because what we've been reading so far.

Terry;518128 said:
breyton rims is uglee...

You crack me up Terry!

edlms;518119 said:
ha ha... exactly.
i call BS on Rays.

There is apparently a photo to show him, the china boss and the ang mo boss.
ok, so they met.

everything else is hearsay, until and unless an official statement is made.

It all seems pretty dodgy to me too...if Breyton is issuing a cert, why does Edmund Breyton have to lower the price to compete with failed QC rims?

Last edited by a moderator:

marklee;511977 said:
Is it just me or is the story not consistent? The first post clearly states that only those made in Germany are the original ones...but in later posts, there are originals manufactured in China also...so which is it?

DId Edmund Breyton really take a 13 hour flight here to conduct an investigation???

aiya in life. what u pay is what u get. buyers beware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik88me
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back