Any new 116i owners?)

Re: Any new 116i owners?)

Porky468;818568 said:
Hi all,

Got my 1 series in Feb 2012. Excited as I always wanted to drive a BMW. But by mid April, I having coolant issues. I serviced the car last week and was told that aside from coolant leaking, I also have oil leakage, aircon system problem..... What the heck....Not even 3 months.. so many problems.... PML blame it on manufacturing defects.... but after all the hassle of going back to PML, they offered us 1 free service....

Any of you guys encountered any problem with your 1 series?

Btw, the threads on my seat also getting undone... For such a expensive car, they sure using poor quality materials....

Welcome!

Nevermind car still under warranty, can be solved one.

Under warranty, change all defective parts new. After warranty no trouble liao!

If your time precious type and no time to go settle these matters, then take taxi better. :woottt:

nonno13;818482 said:
Ok see ya. hope u just dun get disgusted with my elephant leg:eek:

Rest assured i wont be looking at your leg even if its not swollen...haha...i got better M experience to look at...:drool:

Porky468;818568 said:
Hi all,

Got my 1 series in Feb 2012. Excited as I always wanted to drive a BMW. But by mid April, I having coolant issues. I serviced the car last week and was told that aside from coolant leaking, I also have oil leakage, aircon system problem..... What the heck....Not even 3 months.. so many problems.... PML blame it on manufacturing defects.... but after all the hassle of going back to PML, they offered us 1 free service....

Any of you guys encountered any problem with your 1 series?

Btw, the threads on my seat also getting undone... For such a expensive car, they sure using poor quality materials....
Porky, come by for the 1er meetup at munich auto..can meetup with other 1er's owner and also see is MA can work something out for you..

*m-nut kopi $$ please for advertising....*

zhenlie;818574 said:
Rest assured i wont be looking at your leg even if its not swollen...haha...i got better M experience to look at...:drool:

Porky, come by for the 1er meetup at munich auto..can meetup with other 1er's owner and also see is MA can work something out for you..

*m-nut kopi $$ please for advertising....*

hm.... my car is due for servicing. wondering m-nut provide 1 time free trial servicing package??? keke...

Roverforlife;818457 said:
Sorry to jump in here as I'm unable to start a new thread.

About to collect my F20 soon and have a noob question. =) I'm a bit concerned about the durability of the run-flats, therefore thinking about changing them to regular tyres as soon as I get the car. Will this void any warranty on the car and will the change make the sensors on the car go crazy? I've read a previous post on how the front and back wheels require different tyres - is this true? Appreciate any responses, thanks much!

Welcome Roverforlife.

My run-flats KO 4K+ mileage. It was due to some sharp object on the road that was not noticable. According to some advise that was given, Run-flats is good as they able to let to travel to the nearest garage in the event of a punctured tyres, even with low speed it might damage your rims.

Regular tyres might be a better choice. But in the event of puncture tyres, might need to call for tow truck or use repair kits.

nonno13;818321 said:
Hi R90, silver one. when did u order?:laughing:

Hi bro, i ordered during the last weekend.And yours is a 118i sport version?

R90;818965 said:
Hi bro, i ordered during the last weekend.And yours is a 118i sport version?

Mine is a normal 116 booked beginning of May. Initially i could still choose the colours, but i procrastinated until the fancy ones sold out. Hopefully a miracle happens n i can change to maybe a blue or red. :OTpolis:

Anyone knows the weight of the stock 116i and 118i rims?

Thinking whether to change to 18" rims but kinda worried about the impact on acceleration with the upsize.

silverhwak;818581 said:
hm.... my car is due for servicing. wondering m-nut provide 1 time free trial servicing package??? keke...

Dear silverhawk,

You can collect your $100 Munich Automobiles Voucher and utilized it to off set the cost of a single visit oil servicing or for a tri-service package sign up.

Travisyow;818663 said:
Welcome Roverforlife.

My run-flats KO 4K+ mileage. It was due to some sharp object on the road that was not noticable. According to some advise that was given, Run-flats is good as they able to let to travel to the nearest garage in the event of a punctured tyres, even with low speed it might damage your rims.

Regular tyres might be a better choice. But in the event of puncture tyres, might need to call for tow truck or use repair kits.

Thanks for your reply Travisyow. Yes, I thought that i might as well trade the brand new tyres in for a good price first, though i have no idea what to replace them with. Did you change your tyres or just patched it back? My SE assures me that they can be patched should i pick up a nail etc, though I'm not so sure about it myself.

Hi, I just join this forum....super newbie....first time posting in this forum. just booked a 116i tuesday and gotten the COE on wednesday....car expected to arrive end Jun / early July! Once again, glad to be in this forum. Hope to learn from you guys. Cheers

Dear all, I am considering an 116. Can I check how much is one gg now? I see no movement in the list price under sgcarmart.

First time buying a lux car. So feel abut paiseh to go into pml to ask.

W3iw3n;820444 said:
Dear all, I am considering an 116. Can I check how much is one gg now? I see no movement in the list price under sgcarmart.

Jus walk in lah. I also walked in early May n booked a 1er n expect car to arrive end Jun to early Jul.
Also tested A3 1.4T n C180 on the same day but finally decided on 1er. Coz better equip compare to A3 n smoother ride compare to C180.

U can look for Sonny Lee the SE if u go to Alex PML. His service is very good n this is also why he can close my deal after 2nd test drive.

BTW. 116 is good enough for city driving n more affordable too.

W3iw3n;820444 said:

I just went today again. Np changesin px still $157,800. Ken Pereira is good as well. Yep got my COE yesterday as well. I also wanted test drive Audi b4 but no point. Beemer's gear box is shiok. Audi u get lesser CC for abt the same px. He gave me a gd trade in value as well. If u want pls PM me for his contact.:)

1series;820411 said:
Hi, I just join this forum....super newbie....first time posting in this forum. just booked a 116i tuesday and gotten the COE on wednesday....car expected to arrive end Jun / early July! Once again, glad to be in this forum. Hope to learn from you guys. Cheers

:laughing: Congrats on ur new purchase. Wat colour u chose? As u can see, all the 1 series, they have to order, no stock liao except for the light blue one in showroom.

Travisyow;818663 said:
Welcome Roverforlife.

I think u shd still stick to ur Run flat tyres as they r the exclusivity of premium cars. At least u can wobble to the nearest Garage. They will mend the hole no sweat n cheap. Better than getting stuck in a Jam if u stall.:uhhh:

1series;820411 said:

W3iw3n;820444 said:

Ivan Chan;820458 said:
Jus walk in lah. I also walked in early May n booked a 1er n expect car to arrive end Jun to early Jul.
Also tested A3 1.4T n C180 on the same day but finally decided on 1er. Coz better equip compare to A3 n smoother ride compare to C180.

U can look for Sonny Lee the SE if u go to Alex PML. His service is very good n this is also why he can close my deal after 2nd test drive.

BTW. 116 is good enough for city driving n more affordable too.

Hi 1series, w3iw3n and ivan..welcome to the forum... congrats on your new ride or coming new ride..there is a 1er meetup on the 31st may at Munich Auto..do come by and join us at the meetup! info on the meetup can be found at this link:

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/1-series-owners/65659-bmw-1er-meetup-may-2012-updated-16.html

:goodup:

Bro, thanks for the invitation. But am working overseas n only come
home once a month. Will join next time when u guys meet up timing
coincide with my home trip.

Looking forward to collect my 116 soon.

nonno13;820468 said:
I think u shd still stick to ur Run flat tyres as they r the exclusivity of premium cars. At least u can wobble to the nearest Garage. They will mend the hole no sweat n cheap. Better than getting stuck in a Jam if u stall.:uhhh:

ERR, siang ka pager? Anybody called me? hehehe.

Welcome guys & congrats on your recent purchases!

Roverforlife;819123 said:
Thanks for your reply Travisyow. Yes, I thought that i might as well trade the brand new tyres in for a good price first, though i have no idea what to replace them with. Did you change your tyres or just patched it back? My SE assures me that they can be patched should i pick up a nail etc, though I'm not so sure about it myself.

I went to a workshop to patched. It can be patched.
Becos of the badly damaged, dunno how long it can last. So I jus change it away.

nonno13;820468 said:

Hi Bro,

I agreed with u that Run Flat is exclusive and can go to the nearest garage.
But the mending of the hole is also depending on how badly the tyres is damage. LOL.

Like my case, the crack was 3cm and even patched, it did not last for more than a day.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
18winink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back