Christmas In October?!

Re: Christmas In October?!

Sleep ?? I cant even get into the house if i have 1, lol

Swee !

Thanks for the replies, i'm still jumping like a little girl around the house so i can understand.

Tints, full polish, and many other modifications coming soon..

For now i need to study though. LOL. :lol2:

your car is too new to require a polish... don't waste money, just clay bar and apply sealant/wax will do.

louis said:
your car is too new to require a polish... don't waste money, just clay bar and apply sealant/wax will do.

Oh, right. I had no idea. I am totally clueless when it comes to detailing the car. I intend on going to Spa For Cars tomorrow or something. Do i just tell them the car is 3 days old and let them proceed from there?

Thanks in advance. :)

they ought to know what to do. but don't let anyone talk you into believing that a new car needs a polish... that's just hog wash.

i see that your garage is only partially enclosed, so i would recommend going down the synthetic route with a sealant, for longer lasting protection. carnauba waxes generally give a deeper glossier shine than synthetics, but the trade off is that they aren't as durable and get washed away after abt 4 washes/showers/storms.

plenty of choices of sealants out there, i personally prefer Meguair's...you can check out my car during the meet ups.

for a white car like yours, i suggest you detail once every month/2 months if possible or you're gonna end up with a yellowed car after a few years. in fact, if you have the time, i say apply a layer of carnauba wax over the sealant for best results between your detailing session.

In summary, here's what i'd do for the exterior bodywork if i had a brand new alpine white M3

once a month (done by professional detailers):
1. wash
2. clay bar
3. sealant aka synthetic wax

once every 2 weeks (either DIY, train the maid or by professionals):
1. carnauba wax, liquid kind is easier and quicker to apply

once a week or whenever car gets dirty (DIY, maid):
1. wash
2. spray on wax

for best results, cleaners should be used to remove the previous layer of sealant before re-applying the new layer. but this varies as some products already contain cleaners that help strip off the old layer. a competent shop will know what's in their detailing products so leave it up to them to worry abt stuff like this, but its good to just be aware anyway.

you'll probably need a polish somewhere down the road, but not so soon. and you probably won't need it too often as well because with white, the emphasis should be on PROTECTING and maintaining the paintwork to prevent yellowing.

IMHO, no real point going through the pain of a thorough wash, clay, clean/polish, sealant, wax regime since there won't be an appreciable difference on a white or light coloured car... law of diminishing returns. save your money: focus on paint protection.

hope this helps. happy detailing and feel free to PM me if you need anything.

Wow!! AW M3!!! Slurp!!!!

Congrats man!!

Time for PSS9, rims, exhaust, GruppeM, BHS pulleys, Stoptech BBKs......kekeke

'The Great White'

louis said:
they ought to know what to do. but don't let anyone talk you into believing that a new car needs a polish... that's just hog wash.

i see that your garage is only partially enclosed, so i would recommend going down the synthetic route with a sealant, for longer lasting protection. carnauba waxes generally give a deeper glossier shine than synthetics, but the trade off is that they aren't as durable and get washed away after abt 4 washes/showers/storms.

plenty of choices of sealants out there, i personally prefer Meguair's...you can check out my car during the meet ups.

for a white car like yours, i suggest you detail once every month/2 months if possible or you're gonna end up with a yellowed car after a few years. in fact, if you have the time, i say apply a layer of carnauba wax over the sealant for best results between your detailing session.

In summary, here's what i'd do for the exterior bodywork if i had a brand new alpine white M3

once a month (done by professional detailers):
1. wash
2. clay bar
3. sealant aka synthetic wax

once every 2 weeks (either DIY, train the maid or by professionals):
1. carnauba wax, liquid kind is easier and quicker to apply

once a week or whenever car gets dirty (DIY, maid):
1. wash
2. spray on wax

for best results, cleaners should be used to remove the previous layer of sealant before re-applying the new layer. but this varies as some products already contain cleaners that help strip off the old layer. a competent shop will know what's in their detailing products so leave it up to them to worry abt stuff like this, but its good to just be aware anyway.

you'll probably need a polish somewhere down the road, but not so soon. and you probably won't need it too often as well because with white, the emphasis should be on PROTECTING and maintaining the paintwork to prevent yellowing.

IMHO, no real point going through the pain of a thorough wash, clay, clean/polish, sealant, wax regime since there won't be an appreciable difference on a white or light coloured car... law of diminishing returns. save your money: focus on paint protection.

hope this helps. happy detailing and feel free to PM me if you need anything.

Thanks, louis. That was a very comprehensive post. I'll be sure to keep your advices in mind.

Cheers! :)

wilman2772 said:
Wow!! AW M3!!! Slurp!!!!

Congrats man!!

Time for PSS9, rims, exhaust, GruppeM, BHS pulleys, Stoptech BBKs......kekeke

'The Great White'

Soon, done, done, soon. :lol2:

Nice car too, Wilson! Can't go wrong with AW. :inlove:

Just came back from the car's first detailing session by Spa For Cars. :)

Jermen was there to welcome me once i was there, Roy shortly after. Overall, i'm very impressed with their work! The car's paint feels much smoother now than before. Very friendly chaps too!

I'll definitely go back there soon for my second session and would recommend anyone who needs washing or detailing to visit them.

And it was a plus that i saw Shaaz's SICKKK ride there. :lol2:

hihi,

great looking ride!!! dont be surprise when u get many friendly "horns" from some of us on the road... ha!

bet u have a white tux all pressed n ready too ( wah... white knight in white horse... cool !!) :)

enjoy!

pg7170 said:
hihi,

great looking ride!!! dont be surprise when u get many friendly "horns" from some of us on the road... ha!

bet u have a white tux all pressed n ready too ( wah... white knight in white horse... cool !!) :)

enjoy!

Sure, i'd love to hear fellow bimmer owners honking!

.. Haha no lahh, i'm not THAT into white. :lol2:

Mods continued..

Okay, i set out to complete 3 mods today. Namely, replacing the front turn signals and sidemarkers with Stealth Auto's stealth bulbs, and of course, installing the Hoen Xenonmatch foglamp bulbs which i have gotten from the group buy that i organised.

However, due to the sky turning dark sooning than i expected, i only manage to complete replacing the sidemarkers and the foglamp bulbs.

Before pictures: :whattheh:

Modifications.

Foglamps which does not match the HID headlights.

Orange "egg yoke" effect in the sidemarker.

Here are some pictures after i was done..

HID-matching foglamps!

No more orange "egg yoke" in the sidemarker.

And it still flashes amber! :lol2:

Overall, i'm very satisfied with the modifications and would definitely urge anyone who wants a "cleaner" look to do these small modifications. Easy D.I.Y. and although subtle, improves the car's appearance quite a bit.

Enjoy and thanks for looking!

P.S. I still have 2 sets of Hoen Xenonmatch 9006 bulbs if anyone's interested. Bought extra from the group purchase just in case anyone else needed them, just PM me. If you need anything here or want help with installation feel free to PM me too! :)

Another new mod, heh.

This time, i completed what i set out to finish yesterday.

Stealth Auto's stealth bulbs for the front turn signal.

This was how the front turn signal looked originally, notice the orange "egg yoke" effect.

Shot of the engine just for kicks.

Replaced the original orange bulb with the new stealth bulb.

Reinstalled the front turn signal.

Finally, done! Looks much better than before.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back