Ignition Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ignition Upgrades

lol.. you really talk nonsense. You were also not accelerating.

Anyway old cars like mine have their problems. Cannot spend too much on things cause anytime might give way. Right now i got to deal with brakes. So this volker thingy got to wait. My servicing was done recently. I'll do this the next 10k.

Meanwhile just got to lose to you all lor. All maybe push the RPM to 6k before i change. I'm always changing at 4.5-5.5 hmm....

SC_IS;311738 said:
Ni na.. i where got bully you James? I was just saying good bye before i leave.

jamers;311741 said:
u cut beside mi, den look at mi wave already... den zzrrroommmmmm....

James, thank your lucky stars and don't complain...
U are lucky that when he went beside u, he did not activate his siren, flashing lights and warrant card. Pull u over and call for TP reinforcement plus tow truck...:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
( At T3 canteen, he threaten to wait outside my hdb carpark ...:yikess: )

Ha ha... you guys damn funny...

I am really happy that i can do all these for you guys.

R2D will try and provide you with the best that we can.

Hope that's good for you.

Really sorry about the missed calls as we operate really odd hours due to "other commitments". Some of you will know what i mean....

Do call the handphone number below to book an appointment. We usually operate after 6.30pm till late.

Cheers

Rod..

oh yes...nets machine still got problem...anybody got lobang for nets?? thanks...

yea i should be thankful tt his siren was under/servicing still.. otherwise my car in compound and my license kantong... but knowing shawn.. he will let mi go on a stern warning den blow his exhuast at my car.. hahaha..
shawn when ur servicing done.. do consider volker-ing.. another satisfied um2 customer

hey guys,

i have been trying to get some straight answer from rodney on the item/mods that is being put into the car for the money spent but i have yet to receive a clear cut answer from him and all i get in respond was to look through his first posting! the only thing i get is reactance matching! can any of you guys who have done the mod decribe what is install/change for the 170 dollars paid? its hard to imagine when there is no proper discrition or pictures of the product being posted.

what is added to the car? from reading the wholeof this thread, with the intention of boosting/enhancing the ignition performance of the car, i gather that a set of volker plugs were installed, and on top of that its the 170dollars for this performance modification which includes some soldering of capacitors to our ignition system etc.. is this all that is being done? adding capacitors? anyone got a photo of the thing?

is there a dyno'ed outcome for before and after...

lefortez;312008 said:
hey guys,

i have been trying to get some straight answer from rodney on the item/mods that is being put into the car for the money spent but i have yet to receive a clear cut answer from him and all i get in respond was to look through his first posting! the only thing i get is reactance matching! can any of you guys who have done the mod decribe what is install/change for the 170 dollars paid? its hard to imagine when there is no proper discrition or pictures of the product being posted.

what is added to the car? from reading the wholeof this thread, with the intention of boosting/enhancing the ignition performance of the car, i gather that a set of volker plugs were installed, and on top of that its the 170dollars for this performance modification which includes some soldering of capacitors to our ignition system etc.. is this all that is being done? adding capacitors? anyone got a photo of the thing?

is there a dyno'ed outcome for before and after...

From what I have been reading from the first page, I am fairly certain that what is being promoted is scientifically called impedance matching..and not reactance matching. It's widely used in the ICE industry for audio components to get the most efficient output. I can't remember much about impedance matching but its basically the process of trying to match the output impedance to the input impedance (in this case it's the ignition system). When they are equal, the energy transfer is at its maximum efficiency.

Electrical impedance is the measure of opposition to an AC. Much like how resistance is for DC. It is a complex quantity and the complex component is what is called reactance, the real component is the resistance. Inductors and capacitors have purely imaginary reactive impedance and a normal resistor is purely real and is resistive impendance.

Reactance matching is the same thing as impedence matching. I have matched your coils to a specific capacitor at 6500rpm as the max frequency. This matching allows greater magnetic energy to be stored in your ignition core during the charging phase. The potential EMF generated by inductors is given by the inductance multiplied by the differential of current with time. Hence with a capacitor storing energy just exterior of the coil, there is a reservior of power that the coil can tap from rather than to draw current from the entire wire loom which is much longer.

The purchase of plugs is a separate issue and you can do either at any time.

I hope that i have explained enough.

Cheers

R2D-UM2;312079 said:
I have matched your coils to a specific capacitor at 6500rpm as the max frequency.

Can you elaborate more on how this is done? I sincerely believe that impedance matching would help a car's ignition system. But electrical stuff can be quite complicated, especially when it comes to electro-magnetism. Thanks

Can this be done on mitsubishi lancer ex 1.5 models? From what i read theres no need to change spark plugs right? Sounds good though haha

marklee;312127 said:
Can you elaborate more on how this is done? I sincerely believe that impedance matching would help a car's ignition system. But electrical stuff can be quite complicated, especially when it comes to electro-magnetism. Thanks

You can measure the inductance of a coil by measuring it on a LCR meter. With the frequency setting at 54Hz, (corresponds to 6500rpm). With the inductance known, you can calculate the impedence or reactance of the coil. This value is matched with a equivalent capacitor such the resultant impedance closely matches that of the inductance.

As for the electro-magnetism, those properties cannot be altered at the physical properties of the primary and secondary coils cannot be changed. (unless someone decides to coat some oxygen free copper wires with enamel insulation and rewinds the transformer) The core itself too plays a part with its magnetic permearbility (its mu factor). But changing the core is really difficult.

When the impedences match, there is greatest power transfer.

Cheers

Just a quick update...

The recent Mitsubishi models cannot take advantage of this mod due to a "coil checking function" within the engine's management system.

Therefore the new Mitsubishi Lance EX and Outlander are not possible, The older twin coils for the Airtrek, CS Lancer and Grandis all ok.

Cheers

rodney, what about 92 make honda accord? haha

just had my ignition done up by rodney.. very clean and meticulous work by the boss himself!
this is an upgrade where u can feel the after effect instantaneously. i am wondering why i did not do it earlier.. thanks rodney! bloody mod virus..

haha, hate to say this, but...

I TOLD U SO!!!

best money i've ever spent...

heard u chiet our lau da. HOW DARE YOU!!!

will take revenge the next time i see you... :)

Roasty;314349 said:
just had my ignition done up by rodney.. very clean and meticulous work by the boss himself!
this is an upgrade where u can feel the after effect instantaneously. i am wondering why i did not do it earlier.. thanks rodney! bloody mod virus..

My bad....sorry, no amount of medicine is gonna cure you...

Guys what are you waiting for? This is really 1 cheap mod that brings on instant torque...

Wecome to the dark side...

hey guys i think this video will clarify the benefits of this modification. ENJOY

now, anyone knows where i can find me some BRISK premium lgs plugs

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11ifKc805gk[/youtube]

jinooi;314364 said:
haha, hate to say this, but...

I TOLD U SO!!!

best money i've ever spent...

heard u chiet our lau da. HOW DARE YOU!!!

will take revenge the next time i see you... :)

actually that day i bluff u.. jeffrey asked me to tell u that he lost to me.. in actual fact, i was having a difficult time keeping up with him.. dunno what other undercover mods he has done but isnt telling me about..

R2D-UM2;314537 said:
My bad....sorry, no amount of medicine is gonna cure you...

Guys what are you waiting for? This is really 1 cheap mod that brings on instant torque...

Wecome to the dark side...

thanks again rodney.. really appreciate the work and care u put into my car!

:shakebon:
Roasty;314847 said:
actually that day i bluff u.. jeffrey asked me to tell u that he lost to me.. in actual fact, i was having a difficult time keeping up with him.. dunno what other undercover mods he has done but isnt telling me about..

haha, i know lah, just pulling your leg...

tell you a secret - i know what 'undercover' mods jeff has done...

his car is still quite stock, but he had a testicular transplant 'under his pants' - he has BIG BALLS OF STEEL :shakebon: :woottt:

that's y sometimes walk KKK... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

so when he drives now, the CG is much lower... car is much more stable, esp during cornering...

you want?

jinooi hao lian that day.. told him mod liao.. he ask : "ai race mai?"

phoooar!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member