Overhaul Transmission - Sep 2006 E90 320 PFL

Re: Overhaul Transmission - Sep 2006 E90 320 PFL

Update: the jerk-before-stop problem recurred after changing ATF and filter. Will give GB reprogramming a try...

beeth9;826083 said:
Update: the jerk-before-stop problem recurred after changing ATF and filter. Will give GB reprogramming a try...

No use. Jerk will come back.

somehow or rather if u intend to drive the 10yr lifespan of the coe then gearbox replacement is almost a muz

how is your new transmission so far ?

I am experiencing the exact same problem...if yours is good would you mind recommending the shop ?

Thanks

andrewtam3000;835026 said:
how is your new transmission so far ?

I am experiencing the exact same problem...if yours is good would you mind recommending the shop ?

Thanks

Change the solenoid to solve the jerking problem.

So far, my car drives very well. Not jerks and no error codes. The overhaul works for me.

pengful;835353 said:
So far, my car drives very well. Not jerks and no error codes. The overhaul works for me.

After changing the solenoid. Jerking before stop solved. But now there is a cranking sound when gear change from 2-3 gear (40-60 km/ hr). Any bro can advise how to solve this .

Scottycoco;836124 said:
After changing the solenoid. Jerking before stop solved. But now there is a cranking sound when gear change from 2-3 gear (40-60 km/ hr). Any bro can advise how to solve this .

The effort to just change the solenoid is the same as an overhaul. You may end up paying more to rectify the whole problem.

Wear and tear occurs all the time but they do not break down at the same time. So what if you have new solenoids but the valve body breaks down?

bro pengful pls pm the shop and dmg, thanks in advance

Bro, pls pm me the damage$$ .. Thank you! :)

pengful;782806 said:
Pretty fast hand, fast leg the workshop I must say. Dropped off at around 11 am and picked up at 5.30 pm... half a day's work!

One thing that is obviously missing is the JERK! Car no longer jerks when coming to stops but because I have been feeling those jerks for so long, no jerks feel so unreal. The transmission runs smooth now, no intermittent breaks between gear changes and no ERROR CODES! Then again, I will continue to monitor for a few more weeks. It is like a huge stone taken off my shoulders as I had always feared that the transmission will kaput and leave you in the middle of the road when you least expects it. With the money spent, I will not look at the new 3 or 5 until the next few years (I hope) or until the COE comes down to a reasonable level, like $15K for Cat B. What goes up must come down, right?

Before I left the workship, I was shown the old innards of the transmission assembly; seals, clutch, solenoids, oil pan seperator panels, etc, which were either hardened or worn out. At least, all that were replaced with new ones. Warranty given was 6 months but they will extend another 6 months if you go back for an oil change before the 1st 6 months is up.

That's all folks. If you need the contact, pm me.

Hi,

Can you share with me the shop contact and your repair price please?

I have some tranny problem and need some help :(

Thanks much :)

pengful;782806 said:
Pretty fast hand, fast leg the workshop I must say. Dropped off at around 11 am and picked up at 5.30 pm... half a day's work!

One thing that is obviously missing is Iu the JERK! Car no longer jerks when coming to stops but because I have been feeling those jerks for so long, no jerks feel so unreal. The transmission runs smooth now, no intermittent breaks between gear changes and no ERROR CODES! Then again, I will continue to monitor for a few more weeks. It is like a huge stone taken off my shoulders as I had always feared that the transmission will kaput and leave you in the middle of the road when you least expects it. With the money spent, I will not look at the new 3 or 5 until the next few years (I hope) or until the COE comes down to a reasonable level, like $15K for Cat B. What goes up must come down, right?

Before I left the workship, I was shown the old innards of the transmission assembly; seals, clutch, solenoids, oil pan seperator panels, etc, which were either hardened or worn out. At least, all that were replaced with new ones. Warranty given was 6 months but they will extend another 6 months if you go back for an oil change before the 1st 6 months is up.

That's all folks. If you need the contact, pm me.

Read post no.92 above .... :chinese:

sheewei;885755 said:
Hi,

Can you share with me the shop contact and your repair price please?

I have some tranny problem and need some help :(

Thanks much :)

Hi, Just to share, had this jerk before stop, delay when engaging reversed gear, finally car warning light came on (yellow exclamation mark with gear), unable to engage gear, change the mechatronic unit and no problem so far. damage around 3k.

Hi, I am driving a 2006 E60. I had this stopping jerk when the mileage was 55000km. I did an adaptation at PML and the problem was solved temporarily. At 75000km, this problem reappeared. I did the reprogramming again. However after one month, the jerk came back. Outside WS told me that it is likely the mechantronic unit issue and it has to be replaced. Quoted $3.8k. Ouch... I still couldnt decide whether to go ahead... I am worried that after the mechantranic is replaced, it may not solved the problem and I might need to overhaul the gearbox.

Question:
I noticed that some of you did a GB overhaul, did the workshop replaced the Mechantronic as well?
I hope to get some advice here. Thank you.

Jamessch;887663 said:
Hi, Just to share, had this jerk before stop, delay when engaging reversed gear, finally car warning light came on (yellow exclamation mark with gear), unable to engage gear, change the mechatronic unit and no problem so far. damage around 3k.

Hi Jamessch, could you PM the details of your workshop to me.
Thank you.

pengful;836136 said:
The effort to just change the solenoid is the same as an overhaul. You may end up paying more to rectify the whole problem.

Wear and tear occurs all the time but they do not break down at the same time. So what if you have new solenoids but the valve body breaks down?

Hi Pengful,
Thank you for starting this thread. It really helps...
I am thinking of changing to a New Mechantronic unit to solve the jerk problem.. Are both the soleniod and the valve body in the Mechantronic unit? Or are they totally separated from the Mechantronic unit?

Hi pengful.
Do you still have the contact for the transmission repair? I'm experiencing some problems now and would really appreciate your sharing the contact with me. Thanks bro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w9betgroup
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back