Review of Revol

Re: Review of Revol

I previously wrote a glowing review of Revol's quality of grooming and attention to detail. I was a very satisfied customer and when my first package (gold shield) finished, I happily signed on a 2nd package for their new zetough program.

Recently my front passenger door was dented and scratched in an open carpark. When found out that Revol had started a new shop to do spray painting. I confidently requested for them to respray my door together with my bumper, since they could follow up with a re-coat of the zetough treatment all in one stop.

Unfortunately, the quality of work of their spray-paint shop is a totally different experience from their grooming shop. The car was left for with their paint workshop and it took 5 days before I got my ar back. The results looked promising when I drove off..... But after just one car wash the next day, the surface wax which was washed off revealed that the whole door which they painted was hazy. It had not been machine buffed properly their workers had hoped to camoflauge the poor finishing by rubbing on a surface layer of wax. The contrast to the rest of the car was such an eyesore since the haze consisted of very fine swirl scratches, it was impossible to remove with shampoo and water. I drove back the next day and highlighted the problem to them. Randy was helpful and said he would need to send it back to their paint shope to get it properly rebuffed to remove the haze (fine scratches) which covered the entire door. But because he said it would be a 4 hour job and I needed the car, I requested to reschedule.

Finally, I found time to go down today and left the car one whole day for them to rectify the problem. Sad to say, despite giving them ample time...it was an extremely haphazard job. The haze surrounding the edges of the door and door handle still remained and worse, their workers had inadvertently left new scratches to the rear door. Not to mention that when the car was returned... there is still white clay/chalk splatters on the door sills, lower part of the door and wing mirror.

I think their business has been very good and they are now too busy and a little overwhelmed.
This has resulted in a drop in their attention to detail and the results are quite telling. I am honestly rather disappointed.

Huh? they have a paint shop now?

Hope u get ur problems resolved.

Yes, they have had a paint shop for a while now... its a sensible extension of their current grooming business and useful as a one-stop shop since we need to redo PPS after painting anyway.

Well, Gavin is taking my feedback seriously and I received a call from him this morning. We have arranged to meet next week so he can see the results for himself and to make rectifications. Will see how it goes....

black rain;946254 said:
Yes, they have had a paint shop for a while now... its a sensible extension of their current grooming business and useful as a one-stop shop since we need to redo PPS after painting anyway.

Well, Gavin is taking my feedback seriously and I received a call from him this morning. We have arranged to meet next week so he can see the results for himself and to make rectifications. Will see how it goes....

Hi black rain,

Thank you so much for your all along support in Revol and my sincere apology to have disappoint you this time round for the door spray painting.

Yup, see you next week for the rectification and I strongly believe we will be able to regain your trust and confident in using our services once again ya.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Cheers,

Hi Gavin, just wanna say thank to you, Randy and the team for another fantastic job today!

Went for 1st maintenance and when I collected the car, it's like just out of showroom!

See you soon for car wash but I guess must visit Toh guan branch...

Shev;946453 said:
Hi Gavin, just wanna say thank to you, Randy and the team for another fantastic job today!

Went for 1st maintenance and when I collected the car, it's like just out of showroom!

See you soon for car wash but I guess must visit Toh guan branch...

Hi Shev,

Thank you so much for your compliments and support in Revol. :thumbsup:

Great to know you are happy using our services. :woottt:

A good weekly car wash will help to maintain the beautiful shine till Chinese New Year ya. :)

See you soon for your car wash.

Cheers,

I would like to make an update on my post from 18 Jan where I had feedback my frustration at the poor finishing to a door respray job. Gavin promptly called me the next morning and arranged to meet me to take a look at my car.

We met yesterday (he travelled all the way down from toh guan to meet me at AMK). After I pointed out the problem areas about the poor finishing, he agreed that it was a QC issue which should have been spotted but unfortunately was not. Gavin was straight forward-> made no excuse-> simply apologised and immediately suggested that he would respray the whole door again and personally oversee the re-work himself.

Even though I highlighted to him that probably all that was required was a properly-done machine buffing job that that was all i expected in restitution, he insisted it can be better done if re-sprayed. He told me to leave the car for a day and collect it the next day and that he would be back in amk the next day to personally ensure that the job was properly carried out

Fast-forward to today ..... I got a call from Gavin late afternoon that my car was ready. When I arrived after work, Gavin was there standing right next to my car overseeing his guys doing the final touch-up on car. We inspected the reworked front passenger door together and it looked good as new and all the hazy problem areas had been fully resolved. The superficial surface scratch marks accidentally left by his workers on the rear passenger door previously had also been fully removed along with a old dent mark which had been on the door for ages.

While we were inspecting the door job, I was surprised that his guys were polishing my car bonnet which was not a part of the car they had worked on previously. Gavin said that as my last polishing treatment was done a few months back, he noticed some hairline scratches was starting to buildup on my bonnet and rear bumper and so had taken the initiative and instructed his guys to touchup the bonnet and rear bumpers. I understand that a new layer of zetough was also applied to the 2 doors, bonnet and bumpers.

Finally, just before he was about to handover the car to me and in the course of our conversation, I casually remarked that my car was starting to show its age and the headlamp covers were starting to show signs of yellowing and hazing. He took one look and told me to give him 10 mins. He could probably improve the condition of the headlamp covers with his buffing machine some of his magic potion (polishing cream). By then, when he looked around, all his workers had gone for their dinner break.... what did he do?... He promptly rolled up his sleeves, began by mask-taping the surrounding areas around both my headlamps to protect the paintwork and started to machine buff the headlamps himself. Indeed, when the job was finished, there was some 60-70% improvement to the condition of the headlamp covers. When he was finally satisfied with the results, then only did he hand over the car keys to me. For all the extra work he did to my car, he refused to accept payment saying that it was the least he could do to make up for my inconvenience.

In conclusion, I can only say that Revol, ... and Gavin in particular, takes customer's feedback very seriously.
His handling of the this whole episode was decisive and without excuses and very sincere.
He under-promised and over-delivered to personally make-good a job that his workers had previosuly screwed-up (probably due to lack of supervision)
His level of customer-service is more than excellent and I personally think it will be tough to find another to match him in this area (particularly for this industry.... where most other workshops will simply give excuses and try to brush away problems/complaints.)

This is my first time dealing with Gavin as he is usually at toh Guan while I usually send my car to their amk branch.
Kudos to him, he has won me back as a customer twice-over.... and what more can I say..... I'll be back ......;)

Good follow up update, thanks - and, that's my personal experience with Gavin's attitude towards customer satisfaction and service standards as well, time and again.

I ONLY visit the Toh Guan branch - because so far, it's been all hits and (fingers crossed) no misses :)

I have never regretted going to Revol after my 1st time there in 2010....

Well, I've been a customer since 2011. That's not to shabby. I am just glad my confidence is restored and I won't have to hunt for another groomer.

Wobbles never sleep... black beauuuty follow up so quickly... think u got a stalker... hehe

black rain;949238 said:
Well, I've been a customer since 2011. That's not to shabby. I am just glad my confidence is restored and I won't have to hunt for another groomer.

Wobbles never sleep... black beauuuty follow up so quickly... think u got a stalker... hehe

To further illustrate Gavin's personal touch, about 6 weeks back, I received an SMS from a member of his staff, reminding me that it was time to send my car in for grooming (my other car had been groomed about a month before that) - and that slots were filling up fast because it was the coming CNY.

I said I would get back to them as I was up to my fcuking armpits entertaining well meaning relatives that made a continual beeline to my house (probably all trying to catch a glimpse of the Ang Moh neighbour of mine humping his LBFM of a maid - but that's a different story). Needless to say, I forgot to get back to Revol....

About 2 weeks back, I received another SMS from Revol, this time, from Gavin himself! He said he'd taken the liberty to reserve 2 slots for my cars - and he remembered that I liked getting them done first thing on a Sunday morning, so he booked 2 consecutive Sundays for my cars to be done up, in time for the CNY. Of course, if I wanted other dates, he'd be happy to accommodate. I SMS'ed him back to say I'd only take up 1 of the slots, as my F02 was due for a free PPS with PML, so I'll only be bringing my F13 in this time around. He returned my SMS to lock in the appointment.

Bloody heck - this is the boss. And he remembers not only that I have a PPS session due, but also the usual DAY I like my PPS done! Truth be told, Gavin's set the bar pretty darn high, and I can see he's working hard to keep the standards up.

I know I won't be disappointed this coming Sunday morning :)

Last edited by a moderator:

black rain;949238 said:

If I find fish soup tied to my car door handle, I'll let you know...

black rain;949200 said:
I would like to make an update on my post from 18 Jan where I had feedback my frustration at the poor finishing to a door respray job. Gavin promptly called me the next morning and arranged to meet me to take a look at my car.

We met yesterday (he travelled all the way down from toh guan to meet me at AMK). After I pointed out the problem areas about the poor finishing, he agreed that it was a QC issue which should have been spotted but unfortunately was not. Gavin was straight forward-> made no excuse-> simply apologised and immediately suggested that he would respray the whole door again and personally oversee the re-work himself.

Even though I highlighted to him that probably all that was required was a properly-done machine buffing job that that was all i expected in restitution, he insisted it can be better done if re-sprayed. He told me to leave the car for a day and collect it the next day and that he would be back in amk the next day to personally ensure that the job was properly carried out

Fast-forward to today ..... I got a call from Gavin late afternoon that my car was ready. When I arrived after work, Gavin was there standing right next to my car overseeing his guys doing the final touch-up on car. We inspected the reworked front passenger door together and it looked good as new and all the hazy problem areas had been fully resolved. The superficial surface scratch marks accidentally left by his workers on the rear passenger door previously had also been fully removed along with a old dent mark which had been on the door for ages.

While we were inspecting the door job, I was surprised that his guys were polishing my car bonnet which was not a part of the car they had worked on previously. Gavin said that as my last polishing treatment was done a few months back, he noticed some hairline scratches was starting to buildup on my bonnet and rear bumper and so had taken the initiative and instructed his guys to touchup the bonnet and rear bumpers. I understand that a new layer of zetough was also applied to the 2 doors, bonnet and bumpers.

Finally, just before he was about to handover the car to me and in the course of our conversation, I casually remarked that my car was starting to show its age and the headlamp covers were starting to show signs of yellowing and hazing. He took one look and told me to give him 10 mins. He could probably improve the condition of the headlamp covers with his buffing machine some of his magic potion (polishing cream). By then, when he looked around, all his workers had gone for their dinner break.... what did he do?... He promptly rolled up his sleeves, began by mask-taping the surrounding areas around both my headlamps to protect the paintwork and started to machine buff the headlamps himself. Indeed, when the job was finished, there was some 60-70% improvement to the condition of the headlamp covers. When he was finally satisfied with the results, then only did he hand over the car keys to me. For all the extra work he did to my car, he refused to accept payment saying that it was the least he could do to make up for my inconvenience.

In conclusion, I can only say that Revol, ... and Gavin in particular, takes customer's feedback very seriously.
His handling of the this whole episode was decisive and without excuses and very sincere.
He under-promised and over-delivered to personally make-good a job that his workers had previosuly screwed-up (probably due to lack of supervision)
His level of customer-service is more than excellent and I personally think it will be tough to find another to match him in this area (particularly for this industry.... where most other workshops will simply give excuses and try to brush away problems/complaints.)

This is my first time dealing with Gavin as he is usually at toh Guan while I usually send my car to their amk branch.
Kudos to him, he has won me back as a customer twice-over.... and what more can I say..... I'll be back ......;)

Hi black rain,

Thank you so much for your time in returning for the touch up session. :thumbsup:

Thank you so much for your compliments too. :thumbsup:

Great to know you are happy with the final results delivered. :)

Catch up with you again during your next visit ya.

Cheers,

MW;949216 said:
I have never regretted going to Revol after my 1st time there in 2010....

Hi MW,

Thank you so much for your continuous support in Revol. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to your next visit ya. :)

Cheers,

wobbles;949250 said:
To further illustrate Gavin's personal touch, about 6 weeks back, I received an SMS from a member of his staff, reminding me that it was time to send my car in for grooming (my other car had been groomed about a month before that) - and that slots were filling up fast because it was the coming CNY.

I said I would get back to them as I was up to my fcuking armpits entertaining well meaning relatives that made a continual beeline to my house (probably all trying to catch a glimpse of the Ang Moh neighbour of mine humping his LBFM of a maid - but that's a different story). Needless to say, I forgot to get back to Revol....

About 2 weeks back, I received another SMS from Revol, this time, from Gavin himself! He said he'd taken the liberty to reserve 2 slots for my cars - and he remembered that I liked getting them done first thing on a Sunday morning, so he booked 2 consecutive Sundays for my cars to be done up, in time for the CNY. Of course, if I wanted other dates, he'd be happy to accommodate. I SMS'ed him back to say I'd only take up 1 of the slots, as my F02 was due for a free PPS with PML, so I'll only be bringing my F13 in this time around. He returned my SMS to lock in the appointment.

Bloody heck - this is the boss. And he remembers not only that I have a PPS session due, but also the usual DAY I like my PPS done! Truth be told, Gavin's set the bar pretty darn high, and I can see he's working hard to keep the standards up.

Hi wobbles,

Thank you so much for your compliments. :thumbsup:

Great to know you are happy using our services. :)

Yup, will continue to keep up the good work.

See you on Sunday.

Cheers,

wobbles;949250 said:

Yah, Gavin is dangerously close to being called a homo if he keeps on being this/too nice

I want to thank Revol for doing such a fantastic job on my lao pok chia. Headlamp cover, rims, leather seats, interior, bonnet, engine bay, CF lips, everything was done so nicely that my car looks like a new car from PML. Cannot find things to complain about. With Revol, I find no need to buy new car because the car looks as good as new after grooming.

I actually feel like taking MRT this week so that I can maintain the new look for as long as possible....

I agree that Revol has one of the best way to retain customers ... The Gavin Touch .... his team usually their managers or supervisors are also "there" to assist us.

Further to Wobbles FR .... which i am a bit jealous cos you got a closer slot to CNY. Hehehe ...

When i was doing my previous PPS in december, i waslooking forward to book mine as close as possible to CNY which is in Feb. Unfortunately there was no slots in Feb and the earliest was mid Jan ? I was whinning that my car will not have the shine by Feb! Gavin managed to booked the slot.

I forgot about this entire issue until one day he called and announce to me "hey ken, i got a slot for you on the 26th Jan" would it be better than mid Jan ? As i have appointments on the 26th Jan, i have to politely reject.

But what do we have here ? a personal touch.

Fast foward, after the last schedule done, the next day always got a kind lady call to follow up if all okie ? but what to complain ? NOTHING!!! .... except too pai seh on our side due to reservist, IPPT, IPT timing which results us to collect our cars late....

Their team has no complain and always smile to us ....

Apologise for the guy whom is wearing his boxers down to pass me the keys and open the gates .... seen my gf have to run like seen his boss ? hehe ..

Coming back .... I ask the lady if possible to get Gavin to give me a year quote for 12 times since i like to do 1 grooming each month.
The lady say i still have a few more to go so suggest i should not rush. In my mind i thought i have 1 more to go only, thats why i wanted a renewal.

I would say they have a down to earth approach which is not sales pushy, polite, good follow up and never say no attitude ...

++++++++++++

As i recently met a light accident have to skip the feb grooming but i did my own car wash with REVOL shampoo .... and it was pretty shinny ... no polish but i shampoo using revol shampoo nia and it was so shinny that i wet ...

Hehe ... how to post photos here ?

Ride is take 1 day after shampoo ... that is evening around 6.45 with dark cloud hovering ...

Download IMG_0834.JPG from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Dunno if image can come out boh ...

SUPAN;963587 said:
I agree that Revol has one of the best way to retain customers ... The Gavin Touch .... his team usually their managers or supervisors are also "there" to assist us.

Further to Wobbles FR .... which i am a bit jealous cos you got a closer slot to CNY. Hehehe ...

When i was doing my previous PPS in december, i waslooking forward to book mine as close as possible to CNY which is in Feb. Unfortunately there was no slots in Feb and the earliest was mid Jan ? I was whinning that my car will not have the shine by Feb! Gavin managed to booked the slot.

I forgot about this entire issue until one day he called and announce to me "hey ken, i got a slot for you on the 26th Jan" would it be better than mid Jan ? As i have appointments on the 26th Jan, i have to politely reject.

But what do we have here ? a personal touch.

Fast foward, after the last schedule done, the next day always got a kind lady call to follow up if all okie ? but what to complain ? NOTHING!!! .... except too pai seh on our side due to reservist, IPPT, IPT timing which results us to collect our cars late....

Their team has no complain and always smile to us ....

Apologise for the guy whom is wearing his boxers down to pass me the keys and open the gates .... seen my gf have to run like seen his boss ? hehe ..

Coming back .... I ask the lady if possible to get Gavin to give me a year quote for 12 times since i like to do 1 grooming each month.
The lady say i still have a few more to go so suggest i should not rush. In my mind i thought i have 1 more to go only, thats why i wanted a renewal.

I would say they have a down to earth approach which is not sales pushy, polite, good follow up and never say no attitude ...

++++++++++++

As i recently met a light accident have to skip the feb grooming but i did my own car wash with REVOL shampoo .... and it was pretty shinny ... no polish but i shampoo using revol shampoo nia and it was so shinny that i wet ...

Hehe ... how to post photos here ?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789wintoday

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back