Window Tint, which brand Huper Optik, Vkool, Cool n lite, 3M

Re: Window Tint, which brand Huper Optik, Vkool, Cool n lite, 3M

sure i will.

Orh LuLu;252359 said:
ya... i sraying my 7 white next week.:evil:

waiting for letter to come. he just ask me to change my frt 2 window tint.. he din say my frt windscreen fail. 7 days for me to do it. I ask him can waive off the fine boh.. he say write in. I am getting Ken to write thesis for me.

acupunch;252379 said:
i recommend caysman.. he writes well. :) kenn also good la.:yummie:
is this your 1st time kena caught?

please write a template.. next time just insert date and time and numplate.. :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

acupunch;252345 said:
so u comfirmed taking CnL? go TOH GUAN branch. hitmee say one. :lol2:
if decided to take VKOOL, please go to SIN MING for installation. bro Kenn say one. :lol2:

jus some advise,

from this thread I've learned, knowing what you want and how its cost its important to verify whether its good deal or not. especially for windows tint film. the cheapest $200 to expensive $1300. my package would cost me $1220 if I walk-in. with 10-20% discount would still be expensive. but I'm lucky to get my PML SE do me a favour. she hooked me up with TOH GUAN VKOOL, didn't want her commission and in return as my saving to the package. my advise its you must know what you want (brand & package) and how much it cost retail with and without discount. so during the show you can decide straight before the sales person start his/her cocking sales technique.

in other words go a show to shoot for deals and not shot by deals that's so called good deals.

Bro can PM me your total cost for 3er.....

can someone enlighten me?

- if i went for STA inspection in January this year.. when would me next inspection be?
- if i didnt really care for heat rejection, and just wanted a nice dark window tint, where would be a good place to do it?
- i have never encountered a police stop since i started driving in Spore early this year.. do TP routinely stop vehicles on the road for having window tint darker than regulation permits? as i have seen many cars with near total black window tint.

thanks!

- inspection's on 3, 5, 7, 9th year, assuming u keeping it til 10.
- the nicest dark tint for rear within limit is Rike Cool.
- think they stop u usually for speeding and/or illegal mods. unless dark tint way beyond limit till point where visibility from outside is bad, doubt they'l stop you and check

acupunch;252328 said:
...maybe me & Sam got the lemon. :)

I won't say that i got poor workmanship but bubbles are inevitable once u have ur car done. But after a few wks, most if not all are gone.

Just did mone at CNL, indeed their service is very professional. The tint is similar to VKool and only found one bubble which is at the edge of the window.

congratulation. finally get yours done. share your pics bro. others might be interested.

Ok here you go

How the car look with the tint.. you can see it is actually quite reflective.
Image025.jpg

Front Seat
Image023.jpg

Rear Seat
Image024.jpg

From the inside you will not feel that there is any tinit. In fact my wife could not tell the diff until today. This is when the cabin is so much cooler. I think their films are pretty good value if they don't deteriorate overtime and workmanship is good. So for the price, highly recommended.

:woowooo: bery niceee. :yummie:

quite clear look indeed. what were the spec?

CNL 80 front and CNL 60 rear... could have gone darker but I am not keen. I like it now cos it gives good heat rejection without sacrificing the overall look. :)

Hitmee should be on darker tinit for the rear or should be at the limit....

went to do my window tinting this afternoon. i usually park my car in the shade / indoor carpark so didnt really care about heat rejection. just wanted a dark tint.
so went to this place in turfcity called CarFrenz (i know.. not as cool as VKool, Huper or CnL) anyways i did a legal 75% for my front windscreen, and a single tone dark tint for all sides and rear, which is illegal i know for front two windows.. hope i dun get caught la, but if i do i heard its a 70buck fine and rip off the window tint.

it looks much darker now.. but its clashing with the chrome window trims. think i will make a trip to black them out using the adhesive industrial tape soon. will post some pics when i have the chance to snap some.

set me back 280bucks. no bubbles. satisfied with my dark tint. i'm a skintflint :)

Am sending my car in to CnL to get film installed. I'm not going along, and my mom will be going alone so she's a little nervous as to what to look out for. Hoping the guys who've had their cars done could help with a couple of questions:

Do they have to dismantle anything inside the car for the install?
Do they typically place any cover/cloth on the interior seats to prevent any damage to the leather seats?

Thanks!

melo;259914 said:
Do they have to dismantle anything inside the car for the install?
Do they typically place any cover/cloth on the interior seats to prevent any damage to the leather seats?
Nothing other than your IU
Yes, usually on front seats, dashboard and rear where speakers are

if you're going to CnL Toh Guan, the feedback so far its very professional. so don't worry jus drive in and sit back relax at their customer waiting lounge. the installation should be done in about 2 hrs or so.

thanks for all the tips guys, have passed the word on to my mom.

Yes, am going with CnL Toh Guan after reading alot of great feedback on them.

Do revert on ur mum's experience about CnL.

What kinda tint u are looking at?

I got the Premier/Premium? package, CNL80 front, CNL63 rear. I would have liked a darker tint but my parents drive to Malaysia occasionally, so no choice.

Mom got my dad to go along with her, and they seemed quite happy with the service and facilities. They told me the staff there were all very polite and pleasant. My mom was also pleased with her chicken noodles from the cafeteria, and her only "complaint" was that there wasn't a karaoke set so she could leave my dad there for the rest of the day. 1.5hrs after she told me she got there, I msged her to ask if she was bored, she replied that she was already on her way home! The installation did not take long as long as expected, and I believe they spotted quite a number of BMWs there too.

Have not been able to check out the car properly as I got home pretty late after work. Dad says he saw a couple of bubbles, but we'll just wait for a couple of weeks and if there are any problems the CnL staff said to just bring it back in. So far so good, I'm excited for tmw morning so I can have a good look at it. The tint at the back looks a little dark now, but probably cos it's night.

Am really glad there's this forum cos it's been really informative in making my choice of solar film, so thanks for all the help guys!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aureacondo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back